Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORBY ELA #31 - SUPER SKRULL Sketch

SUPER SKRULL Sketch

Here's my take of Marvel Comics' SUPER SKRULL. This character came from the Fantastic Four title. I drew it with my own rendering and style. The paper that I used was so big. That I had to scan this inti two parts. Here's a B&W version.

This skrull has a big junk. Hahaha.

I'm a little too tired to give a detailed crit so I'll just concentrate on one thing, the inking. There are anatomy issues but the inks are what jump out at me. You can also apply this crit to your Surfer pic as well.

The main thing that bothers me about the inking is there's just "too much" of it. I know a lot of people like to add lots of shadows and crosshatching but honestly, this would look much better if it weren't so busy. This would be a coloring nightmare. In inking for comics, sometimes less is more. In this case, there just seems to be too much going on and it's rather distracting from the actual art. In my opinion, too many lines can ruin what would have been an otherwise good drawing. Another thing is line weight. Learning when and how to use specific line weights can take a lot of practice and a lot of study. Take a look at inkers like Bob Layton or Klaus Janson. They do terrific work and they keep it simply for the most part. Keep it up, you got some good things going for you. I hope to see lots more of your work here!

I hope this made sense, haven't slept in 32 hours!
    JCat Studio Blog

Facebook

Email Me

Comment

Agree with the previous comments on the inking. I would like to see you start pushing your poses more. Seems to be a lot of straight on shots. Keep it up.

Comment

thanks for the comments... the sketches that I've been posting lately were that I've done last year. :-)

Comment

right on. would be cool to see some newer stuff. a person can either improve or regress in a year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X