Monster Mash for October Pummel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Mash for October Pummel

Did this one up in Photoshop for my match this month. Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking, and hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Electronick; 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM.
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Great color scheme and execution. Love the angle.

The nitpick for me, is the whip. It's a missed opportunity for motion, and the way it's done at the moment, looks like you were struggling to find a way to keep the entire thing on the page. It also forms a tangent with the bat's wing (also very close to tangent on the red tiles at the bottom).

Would have been cool. to give it more dimension and 3D qualities, to have it come more towards the viewer in a snaking motion.
    Last edited by dfbovey; 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Comment

Aside from the points raised this is great electronick,
      getting the feeling it's going to be a fun month in pummel
      Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

Yeah, the whip is the only nitpick for me too, but it's the unnatural motion that bugs me more than the tangents, the top of the arc bends back like he flicked his wrist to send a ripple through it, the long, gradual arc also doesn't convey a quick motion, and his hand position doesn't telegraph a forward movement. Other than that, the piece blows me away.
        My P.U.M.M.E.L. stats
        HW Wins -6, Losses - 5, K.O. - 2, Months Champion - 1
        LHW Wins - 10, Losses - 0, K.O. - 7, Months Champion - 3
        Hall of Fame: 2

My website

Comment

yeah this is pretty dope. agree with the whip. have it blow off the page like the bricks at the top of the page. you could probably crop this a bit on the side of the mummies. franks left arm is a tad long i think. the mace part could possibly be moved to the top side the mummies are on. over all this is pretty cool. good luck with the pummel challenge.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far. I fixed the batwing / whip tangent, that was easy enough.

So I guess the whip is not working out here. Basil actually gave me a nice crit with a looping whip, guess I should've gone with it!
            HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

Damn, I think this is the best drawing I've seen from you. Made me a little nostalgic for my NES.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
                Damn, I think this is the best drawing I've seen from you. Made me a little nostalgic for my NES.
                Thanks man, I've really been trying to focus on the drawing lately, it's a part of my work that needs some extra attention. And thank goodness for emulators, now the old games don't have to die with the aging technology that runs them.
                HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

Really like the bat wing veins. Well done...
                  OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                  My Blog
                  My DeviantART Page
                  PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X