Spiderman Vs. The Green Goblin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiderman Vs. The Green Goblin

Good morning everyone. Just got done doing this piece. I never drew ole' Gobby before, especially with him on the Flyer, so this was a challenge. As usual, all crits are welcomed, thanks.

OOps, I realized that I didn't finish the background area over by where the trail of smoke was. My bad. Here's the finished version.

Comment

Looks nice, but can't really tell because the pic is small. Is there any way you could make a scan of it? Or upload higher res, at least.
      Draw, draw and then draw some more.

http://whitewizardart.deviantart.com/

Comment

Sorry, I don't have a scanner. I'm going to ink it tomorrow and will probably repost it after I do that.

Comment

Looks very nice, very complete Jeffo. You've done a pretty good job of spotting the blacks and composing the backgrounds so the focus is on Spidey and the Green Goblin, very nice.

I might say the figure work is a bit stiff, though - I don't get a real sense that the characters are struggling with each other. Feels more as if they're posing, if you take my meaning. I'd maybe think about moving Spidey's left arm back in more of a "I'mabouttaREALLYpunchyouinnaface!" position, as if he was winding up, and maybe have the Goblin's right arm seizing Spidey's right arm.

Also, maybe think about adding one of those pumpkin bombs in Green Goblin's left hand, and in general think about really exaggerating the poses a bit more. I think you'll get a much more dynamic piece.

By all means, though, I recommend finishing this as is. There's nothing like a finished page to build up momentum. Nice work!
          Terry
          [email protected]

Comment

Good idea with the Pumpkin Bombs. Jeez why didn't I think of that ? LOL! I'll have to make sure I put at least one in Gobby's left hand when I go to ink it tomorrow.

Comment

Here's the finished version with my inks on it. What do you guys think of it now ?

Comment

It looks good, you might consider adding more black to the first building on the left and the one in the back (in the middle of the other two) in order to make it look deeper. Nice job
                Draw, draw and then draw some more.

http://whitewizardart.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X