Sgt. Rock drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt. Rock drawing

[IMG][/IMG] I intended this to be for the weekly sketch group a couple of weeks ago but I took too long. Oh well.

very nice and clean

Comment

Wow, great job on rendering this one, and his face looks fantastic. Two things that stick out to me would be his helmet and the shells from the gun. I feel like his helmet may be sitting too far forward on his head, and the shells may have more impact if they weren't being discharged so uniformly.
      Pummel Stats
      Wins: 6 | Losses: 4 | K.O.'s: 4

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. srlew2: I think you're right about the helmet and shell casings. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Great Sgt Rock Mr Nixon,aside from aforementioned points the belt pouches keep catching my eye as a tad flat.
          Nice pencilwork and Especially love his expression
          Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

You boo booed the patch ya big patch boo booer you. That's Corporal Cobalt (or whatever that thing is, Corporals and Privates have no rockers)

Sgt Rock is, well... a Sergeant not a Corporal. All Sergeants have three chevrons (aka stripes or bars) at top in the shape of inverted Vs. Rockers (the arcs underneath) number 0-3 depending on class. Rock is a Master Sergeant and so has 3 rockers. Note this is for US Army only; USMC and USAF have different patches and the USN has no Sergeants.

While drawn very well, you've drawn the "wrong" uniform. Rock is not a GQ cover boy, he's the biggest bad-ass ever to go to war and the uniform should reflect this. His collars are not starched and pressed, his togs are not custom tailored, his belt not fresh off the shelf. He's a wrinkled, torn, bloody mess with a standard, unfitted, XL uniform loosely draping his figure where it hasn't been ripped away.

Marvel or DC, there is only one guy that can make Captain America break a sweat. Batman can't do it. Superman can't do it. Sgt Rock can! When drawing the Rock of Easy, draw the one SOB that Captain America does NOT want to see in a cage match.
            PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
              You boo booed the patch ya big patch boo booer you. That's Corporal Cobalt (or whatever that thing is, Corporals and Privates have no rockers)

Sgt Rock is, well... a Sergeant not a Corporal. All Sergeants have three chevrons (aka stripes or bars) at top in the shape of inverted Vs. Rockers (the arcs underneath) number 0-3 depending on class. Rock is a Master Sergeant and so has 3 rockers. Note this is for US Army only; USMC and USAF have different patches and the USN has no Sergeants.

While drawn very well, you've drawn the "wrong" uniform. Rock is not a GQ cover boy, he's the biggest bad-ass ever to go to war and the uniform should reflect this. His collars are not starched and pressed, his togs are not custom tailored, his belt not fresh off the shelf. He's a wrinkled, torn, bloody mess with a standard, unfitted, XL uniform loosely draping his figure where it hasn't been ripped away.

Marvel or DC, there is only one guy that can make Captain America break a sweat. Batman can't do it. Superman can't do it. Sgt Rock can! When drawing the Rock of Easy, draw the one SOB that Captain America does NOT want to see in a cage match.
              Thanks for your very passionate critique and your thorough knowledge of military insignia I stand corrected.
              Last edited by Mr. Nixon; 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X