Horror Vignettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Vignettes

Here are some Horror Vignettes that I drew for my college. The person who headed this ghost story contest asked me to draw some pictures that kinda were about each story so that they could be printed in a booklet he was printing. Anyway, here are three of my favorites.

THE RAG MAN

THE UMBRA WALKERS

DON'T TEMPT THE DARK

Anyways, enjoy! =D As always, comments and/or suggestions are appreciated. I love feedback.

Hi me again.
    Well John you excell at background visuals, and they do give the appropriate mood feel. Your character's facial structures aren't there yet, but one can almost feel you working hard to improve them as you go.
    The Rag Man really sells it. You get the feeling it is a monster made of rags that is sucking a little boy into its stomach.
    The Umbra piece is a nice use of monsters and background.
    The third piece has a very evocative background, but I get no real read off the possibly?? dead man on the ground. Yes, I see the wide-eye and blood or tear trail coming from it, and the set teeth, but it doesn't draw me.
    Even in death the man should have some kind of emotional state about him, thusly bringing out an emotional state in us, whether it be fear or empathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
      Hi me again.
      Well John you excell at background visuals, and they do give the appropriate mood feel. Your character's facial structures aren't there yet, but one can almost feel you working hard to improve them as you go.
      The Rag Man really sells it. You get the feeling it is a monster made of rags that is sucking a little boy into its stomach.
      The Umbra piece is a nice use of monsters and background.
      The third piece has a very evocative background, but I get no real read off the possibly?? dead man on the ground. Yes, I see the wide-eye and blood or tear trail coming from it, and the set teeth, but it doesn't draw me.
      Even in death the man should have some kind of emotional state about him, thusly bringing out an emotional state in us, whether it be fear or empathy.

Thank you once again! I actually do like how the first two came out. To me they really captured the scenes from their individual stories.

As for the third, I do agree with you that I need to work on my facial images. The story actually concerned a young child who is terrified about looking at one corner of his room, so he turns his back to it in bed, though his curiousity and nerves keep him from closing his eyes, even though he's not facing it. Maybe I should've added some shuddering lines or something to signify that he was alive.

Comment

Difficult to tell he's a boy.
        Since I'm not an artist it's difficult for me to tell you just how to go about that.
        But I think his skull maybe too long to indicate a child. Check your references on boys, they'll probably have much shorter rounder skulls.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X