This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deth View Post
    I was the first to mention the line work not going all the way to the edge with the colors. I never meant to imply that rob any inker or anyone was lazy or anything. I actually thought it was just a mistake. I can actually say that I am ignorant of the processes that are involved when publishing finished work for print and find it interesting that this is how the process works. Regardless these are nice colors. Very well done and as for liefeld. I actually think this is one of his better drawings I've seen

To call someone ignorant is rude. To say (in caps) "OBVIOUSLY it's going to be cropped" is rude. For you to admit being ignorant is a humble statement. But you don't CALL people ignorant, idiotic, and stupid (I say stupid because we dont understand the OBVIOUS). We are all a little ignorant of comic rules. That's why we ask questions. Even pro's dont know everything. I'm a publish artist. I know live area, bleed, trim, copy, composition, and so on, but still have to ask questions on occasion. I've shown my work to pro artists and told them what editors say about my work and sometimes they say "Wow, I'll have to remember that." What if I went around telling them, "WOW it's so OBVIOUS. How did you NOT know that? You're just ignorant aren't you? I will give DC credit for knowing what they are doing because you OBVIOUSLY don't. What? I'm not talking about YOU. If you think so then you're an idiot." Seems like the guys on the proboards have rubbed off on you, Hughes.

Technically, this is not a finished piece and shouldn't be in the "finished" section because it's NOT cropped. I have a feeling RHughes posted it this way because he feels the cropping is bad composition and felt his way looked better...And it does. Awesome colorist....bad attitude.
    [email protected]

Instagram
    http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
    http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by Juggertha View Post
      hahahaha

that's funny if it falls on me.

Yep, it was you all along lol. Better check the proboards because you're probably banned haha!
      [email protected]

Instagram
      http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
      http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by shannonh View Post
        And he still will NOT own it.
        I'll totally own that putting the word "obviously" in caps was antagonistic, and that I probably should have kept that portion of my comments a little bit more level. I would also ask that you own the fact that you're attributing comments to me that I never made. I didn't call anyone ignorant. I said the statement was an ignorant one. I didn't call anyone but you an idiot. And I've never called anyone in here stupid.

As for calling you an idiot. Again, probably more antagonistic than it needed to be, but it fit. Common sense should have told you that I'm not going to make a statement like that based on nothing. And that I'm certainly not intentionally making it up so that I can start a useless argument on the internet. Could I have been mistaken? I'll allow for that. Although, I could have sworn there was a statement that said that Rob was being lazy by not drawing all the way to the edges of the page. But to call me out and make it seem like I'm intentionally lying about it lacks the minimum amount of common sense to avoid being called an idiot.

To everyone else that has posted in this thread. I apologize for directing this down a path that detracts from what you all come to these boards for, which is the art. I value your opinions (whether good or bad) of my work and I hope that you continue to enjoy it for a long time to come.
        Color Samples can be found here: My Gallery

E-mail me for rates and availability here:
        [email protected]

Follow me on Twitter:
        @hughescoloring

or Facebook:

Ross Hughes

Comment

I think things are best left there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse