Green Lantern: Savage Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hydekomiksink View Post
    Dude this is sooooo cool! I love the bulky arms on the figure, and the detail in the mask and ring are great additions. Top it off with a flawless paint job - man this is really nice. the only thing is I would have liked to see who did the original redesign. I don't recognize the sig.
    Yes the custom is alright, but your flipping over what is essentially a repainted figure with minor clay/apoxy or another sculpting agent. And it's hard not to mess it up.

Originally posted by jsalwen View Post
    Well, I customize in my free time. I used the Marvel Legends Savage Dragon figure as a base.

I have some stuff that makes great piping. I cut it into the right lengths and then use superglue. The mask and the GL symbol are done with Apoxy sculpt. After that, it's just paint.
    I've got some of those materials as well, good stuff. And to silence the "Savage Dragon isn't a Marvel character" thing it wasn't a ML series guys Hasbro had the Marvel license by 07 the year these hit stores. Granted it was Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz) that made the figures they had no rights the Marvel characters, hence the major irony. I was lucky enough to get the Marvel Toys figures before they disbanded (yes Toy Biz/Marvel Toys is no more) so here's the base figure:

http://images.entertainmentearth.com...MTB95005lg.jpg

I just want to point out, I'm not flaming anyone I just wanted to set the record straight in this thread as it's getting to be more about the figure then the artwork.

EDIT: jsalwen, I'm pretty sure BBTS has the PITT wave on sale still. here's a link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

It's the factory direct case, so it should have all figures including the variants plus PITT (and yes he is awesome I've got him). They also have some singles for some good prices so get them quick.
    Last edited by sadman2000; 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM.
    Sorry, no time to talk. I'm busy drawing my books and stories! ;P

dA:

sadman2000.deviantart.com

My Blog:

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...?t=71674<br />

Comment

Originally posted by sadman2000 View Post
      I just want to point out, I'm not flaming anyone I just wanted to set the record straight in this thread as it's getting to be more about the figure then the artwork.
      Sorry if there was any confusion as to how much work I did on the figure.

I post on custom figure boards and I guess I just take it for granted that people are aware of the base figures that can be used for customs.

I didn't do a lot of crazy work on the Savage Dragon since it was the first Marvel Legends figure I have worked with. I was just trying to get familiar with the joints and such. You'll see some crazier stuff from me coming soon.
      www.theouthousers.com - The Greatest Comic Book Website on the Planet

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X