Green Lantern: Savage Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: Savage Times

This is a new thing I will be doing from time to time. Anyone familiar with my work knows I love redesigns. So now, instead of just doing a drawing, I will actually make action figures of the redesigns. (When time permits.)

Here's the first.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.
    www.theouthousers.com - The Greatest Comic Book Website on the Planet

Comment

Who is that Green Lantern?
      That mask makes him totally anonymous. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by acosby View Post
        Who is that Green Lantern?
        That mask makes him totally anonymous. lol.
        Protecting his secret identity is a top priority.

Comment

Dude this is sooooo cool! I love the bulky arms on the figure, and the detail in the mask and ring are great additions. Top it off with a flawless paint job - man this is really nice. the only thing is I would have liked to see who did the original redesign. I don't recognize the sig.
          My Deviant Art Page
          My Pummel Matches
          P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Originally posted by hydekomiksink View Post
            Dude this is sooooo cool! I love the bulky arms on the figure, and the detail in the mask and ring are great additions. Top it off with a flawless paint job - man this is really nice. the only thing is I would have liked to see who did the original redesign. I don't recognize the sig.
            Oh sorry, the redesign and the figure are both mine. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I thought this was a way to combine many things I love. I love redesigns, I love to draw and I love making custom figures.

Comment

I'd say show this to Erik Larsen, but I can't recall if he likes seeing people do riffs of his Dragon or if he gets pissed about people doing it, whether they're making a buck off it or not.
              Very good work nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
                I'd say show this to Erik Larsen, but I can't recall if he likes seeing people do riffs of his Dragon or if he gets pissed about people doing it, whether they're making a buck off it or not.
                Very good work nonetheless.
                I lost Erik's phone number.

I'm not making anything off it, so I don't know if that would upset him. I just do it for fun.

Comment

Great idea and execution. How did you make the figure?
                  dA Gallery

Comment

I can probably get him to see it if you want.
                    But if you'd rather not then I won't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
                      I can probably get him to see it if you want.
                      But if you'd rather not then I won't bother.
                      I'd forgotten that I have an account on the Image boards. I posted it in the Savage Dragon Art Thread. Maybe he'll see it there.

I'm planning on repainting aspects of the figure to create more contrast so look for an update in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulo_P View Post
                        Great idea and execution. How did you make the figure?
                        Well, I customize in my free time. I used the Marvel Legends Savage Dragon figure as a base.

I have some stuff that makes great piping. I cut it into the right lengths and then use superglue. The mask and the GL symbol are done with Apoxie sculpt. After that, it's just paint.

Comment

Bitchin'. I love 'em.

Comment

The fin is meant to come out of the head at a 90 degree angle like your toy has. Its one of SDs distinguishing features.
                            dA | PJ Sketchblog

I want to be the man who can draw so many things, so well and in so many different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by smygba View Post
                              The fin is meant to come out of the head at a 90 degree angle like your toy has. Its one of SDs distinguishing features.
                              You don't think he's recognizeable with the slightly curved fin?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X