The Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joker

Last edited by dushans; 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM.

Hmmm

Question: is this a "what-if" style sort of thing? Because usually, the Joker is shown as having an average build at most, but usually he's thin as a stick. Here he looks more like an enforcer or something, not the insane mastermind we've all come to love to hate!

Overall, the hands are a bit small, and I can't tell if he's walking or what... but other than that, I really dig this! I love that background effect, how'd you do it?
    -STEELE =^_^= \/,,
    Pummel stats: MW - On Hiatus; 18 Wins | 27 Losses | 10 KOs =) DA

Comment

Thanks. Yeah this Joker is a re- design , wanted make him different to the normal joker,
      its kind of a cross between the dark knight returns joker and heath ledger joker.
      The background effect is done using a brush(Flat blunt short stiff) and two layers (one layer brush effect the other with a solid colour with vivid light blend option)

Comment

It is kind of a mind-bender to have a joker with muscle, or build...it's like it's him, but...it's not. Interesting.

Comment

I have seen the Joker depicted in this way by one of the DC artists before. Can't remember where though...

Comment

well in DKR joker looked very bulky, but that's cause Miller drew it
            Art Blog l DeviantArt l twitter
            PUMMEL stats: 28 wins | 7 losses | 14 KOs

Comment

thats right "its kind of a cross between the Dark Knight Returns Joker and Heath Ledger Joker"

Comment

Actually he was still skinny in DKR, he just had kind of a zoot suit cut to his outfit which gives a bulky look. For those who don't know what a zoot suit was, McLean Stevenson wore one in his last appearance on MASH, and Tom wore one in an episode of Tom and Jerry when he was trying to pick a cat that thought he was a square.

Comment

I really dig that BG, man.

Not digging his hands though...too small and his right one really needs to be re-worked.
                  My Deviant Art page
                  My PUMMEL stats
                  PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
                  2 Time Heavyweight Champion
                  Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Dig the shoes!
                    My Site!!
                    My DeviantART Profile!!
                    Pummel: Middleweight
                    Stats: Wins: 15 | Losses: 16 | KOs: 9

Comment