Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing around with color (Spider-man speed painting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing around with color (Spider-man speed painting)

So I have been refining my painting process over the last few months, and have been working on getting better at penciling as well; today, however, is a playful picture to try new things with color. I had an old Spider-man speed painting sitting around on my HD, and thought wouldn't it be fun to try out some of the new techniques/theories I have learned since I originally painted it? Using this process, I think I'm finally on the way to the style of comic painting that I would like to achieve. I'll be doing full paintings starting next week, and I am really excited to get that process going! Anyway, here's a quick look at the old version and the new...

Old version...

New version...

I'm pretty happy with it, I did not try to be perfect with anatomy or anything, just testing some color application theories...like I said, I'll be starting full paintings next week, so I'm really excited! Cheers Pj, take care!
    Pummel Record, LHW
    Wins 0 Losses 0 Ties 0

I'm always down to help, so if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

Open for commissions/new work at the moment.

I remember when you posted up this speed painting a while ago. I really like what you did with the colors, it does improve the image a lot.
    - Jordan Sampanes
    ---Proud to be a PJ Member---
    Pummel stats: LW W-1 L-0 KO-0

Interested in my work? Mail me:[email protected]

Comment

Well i think they both are great...and i think the 2 different pics will appeal to different people ...i personally dig the first one better...the second one has the Alex Ross feel which is great too.
      Retired Pummel Commissioner
      ► Wins:8 ► Losses:1 ► KO's:4
      Pummel matches....DA Gallery

Comment

I prefer the second. Color and detail choices are sharper.
        My Deviant Art page
        My PUMMEL stats
        PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
        2 Time Heavyweight Champion
        Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X