Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys i had an hour to spare so i drew superman :) wha'dya think ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walril
    replied
    Originally posted by Ugga Bugga View Post
    welcome to PJ alexx

copying someone else's work and posting it, is a touchy subject in these parts. There are numerous discussions about it throughout these boards.

Using an admired artist as a way to learn, is instinctive, and everyone has done it. On this board, and elsewhere, you should post a copy of the reference you are using, so it does not seem to people that you are trying to pass off someone else's work as your own.

People around here can range from touchy on the subject to downright nasty at times.

At some point, if you want to improve your ability to draw, copying loses it's effectiveness, and you should learn how to construct drawings from scratch, without using other's works, or photographs as a crutch.

My advise, start from the beginning. Post your work, get critiques, and listen to them, apply them. You will improve. I guarantee it.
    Ugga beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

• Ugga Bugga
    replied
    Originally posted by alexx View Post
    well to me drawing has always been about having fun and it always will be wether that meens oneday i am a published comicbook artist or not, but if i see something that i think looks cool and i want to draw it, i will
    welcome to PJ alexx

copying someone else's work and posting it, is a touchy subject in these parts. There are numerous discussions about it throughout these boards.

Using an admired artist as a way to learn, is instinctive, and everyone has done it. On this board, and elsewhere, you should post a copy of the reference you are using, so it does not seem to people that you are trying to pass off someone else's work as your own.

People around here can range from touchy on the subject to downright nasty at times.

At some point, if you want to improve your ability to draw, copying loses it's effectiveness, and you should learn how to construct drawings from scratch, without using other's works, or photographs as a crutch.

My advise, start from the beginning. Post your work, get critiques, and listen to them, apply them. You will improve. I guarantee it.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMobius
    replied
    I think the colours could be deeper. They look a bit washed out at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• JonTron
    replied
    Don't be discrouraged by any past post...
    This is without a doubt the place new story ideas

Yeah, I get it...

Leave a comment:

• alexx
    replied
    well to me drawing has always been about having fun and it always will be wether that meens oneday i am a published comicbook artist or not, but if i see something that i think looks cool and i want to draw it, i will

Leave a comment:

• Popninja
    replied
    Originally posted by alexx View Post
    Yeh jim lee (my favourite artist did a a superman in the same stance exceppt his had a few members of the justice league in the background I thought superman looked cool so I attempted to do a similar thing but just of his bust I like it cause it seems dark and dramatic
    Yep, Superman #208. Jim Lee has been in my Top 10 favorite artists for the last 23 years. He's been a huge influence on me and my work, too.

Because you basically copied it, it's really showing that you didn't know what you were doing at all in terms of anatomy and the way shadows fall on the body based on the light source. His right arm in particular looks ravaged in the bicep area, and you sort of half-did the torso/abs area and left out a lot of the lines Lee had used to convey musculature.

Welcome to Penciljack, alexx. Keep drawing...

Leave a comment:

• alexx
    replied
    Yeh jim lee (my favourite artist did a a superman in the same stance exceppt his had a few members of the justice league in the background I thought superman looked cool so I attempted to do a similar thing but just of his bust I like it cause it seems dark and dramatic

Leave a comment:

• Popninja
    replied
    I could be totally wrong, but that Superman looks awfully familiar. Can't think of where I've seen it, but I know I've seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• Juggertha
    replied
    Yeah, I like the feel to this... those colours are very nice - but you really should have been stricter on the anatomy before you got too deep into it.

Leave a comment:

• alexx
    replied
    thank you ! yeh i know what you meen about the arm size still got a few things to iron out when drawing anatomy, yeh thats the man of adamantium behind the man of steel, just another thing im drawing will probs post when i have finished it

Leave a comment:

• Caimano
    replied
    Not bad at all! Both arms are a bit too big compare with the rest though. I see an issue also a bit of confusion on his right arm bicipit that one with cast shadow. I like it...It's Wolvie hided behind, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Hey guys i had an hour to spare so i drew superman :) wha'dya think ?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X