Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elfish Beast Tamer

Hi guys,
    This is my next piece, a female elf beast tamer. Please share your comments or critiques.

I use 'Marsh Adder' from LotR LCG as reference for the monster. The original piece was illustrated by Sandra Tang.

Thanks!
    C H O P P I C

Visit my website and my blog

Overall I like the illustration, choppic. It doesn't feel like the bald-eagle really "fits" in with the overall picture, though. And the leaves on the tree are too close to the green of the dragon creature, making it harder to distinguish than it ought to be, I would tweak the color on those leaves a bit to set the two off just a bit. Otherwise nice job!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

So, was this a paint over Tang's lines? If o, I'll ignore the characters and composition, and just focus on the looks.

Nice month look to everything, but it's lost too smooth. Maybe consider adding in a few more textures...especially on the beast! Also, Sean's right about loosing he beast in he trees. Consider adjusting he values or colors to give more separation.
      My Deviant Art page
      My PUMMEL stats
      PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
      2 Time Heavyweight Champion
      Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

scmarooney: I adjust the color a bit. Let me know if it goes to the right direction.
        juggy: I drew the sketch using the creature that was designed by Tang, so I think it's appropriate to credit her. So feel free to comment on the composition. I purposely make the creature smooth. Would it be better if I put some scales on it?
        C H O P P I C

Comment

This is the final version of the image. Feel free to share comments or critiques.

Visit my blog here
          C H O P P I C

Comment

Yeah, that punches it up a lot more.
            My Deviant Art page
            My PUMMEL stats
            PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
            2 Time Heavyweight Champion
            Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget