Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

from My Art Show...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • from My Art Show...

    Yes, I had my first solo show this past month. The exhibit just ended, so now I'm sharing with the interwebs.

    The theme was modern interpretations of fairy/folktale characters. I even mentioned fan art in my Artist Statement. Yeah. I drew each on in pencil and colored them using Photoshop.

    Here are a few of the pieces.


    "There Are Wolves in the World (Red Riding Hood)"


    "The Fairest (Snow White)"


    "Red & White (Snow White & Rose)"

    Enjoy.
    artgyrl.com


  • #2
    Very nice.
    Writing Contest Entries

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed. I really like these.The last one isn't as punchy to me, but the first two are all kinds of awesome.
      My Deviant Art page
      My PUMMEL stats
      PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
      2 Time Heavyweight Champion
      Light Heavyweight Commissioner

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks. The last one was a struggle. I drew it early on, and then put it aside to complete other pieces. I struggled getting the concept and coloring to come together. I'm not completely happy with it... I really wanted it in the show, and actually had to have the print overnighted two days before the show.

        Long story short...this one actually sold. So, there's that.
        artgyrl.com

        Comment


        • #5
          koo you should post more
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Ua1lFVWc&hl=en

          my record- W-2-L-9

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow, ArtGyrl? Haven't seen you around in ages. Good to know you're still drawing.

            Did you intentionally make Red Riding Hood look like Aubrey Plaza?
            SB!FBTrMABP: 10W-11L-7K.O

            Comment


            • #7
              Great work!
              Art Blog l DeviantArt l twitter
              PUMMEL stats: 28 wins | 7 losses | 14 KOs

              Comment


              • #8
                Personally, I like the last image the best. It provides an emotional connection with viewers that the other two don't have. The girls' faces draw me right in. I also like the subtle textures in the color. It's just enough to keep things from being flat, without becoming distraction. It's an interesting approach. I salute you for showing restraint!

                All three are pretty good, IMO.

                Congratulations on your exhibit!
                http://www.lostonwallace.com
                http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com


                I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:
                http://www.lostonwallace.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, it was very intentional. That's actually one of the references I used. A few people at the show noticed, which was cool.
                  Last edited by ArtGyrl; 01-29-2012, 09:21 AM.
                  artgyrl.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spidey View Post
                    Wow, ArtGyrl? Haven't seen you around in ages. Good to know you're still drawing.

                    Did you intentionally make Red Riding Hood look like Aubrey Plaza?
                    Yes, it was very intentional. That's actually one of the references I used. A few people at the show noticed, which was cool.

                    Originally posted by Bruce Lee View Post
                    Personally, I like the last image the best. It provides an emotional connection with viewers that the other two don't have. The girls' faces draw me right in. I also like the subtle textures in the color. It's just enough to keep things from being flat, without becoming distraction. It's an interesting approach. I salute you for showing restraint!

                    Congratulations on your exhibit!
                    Bear with me, I'm just remembering how to reply to posts...

                    Thanks so much. I do like what I presented at the show, but at the same time, it's nervewracking, because your work is out there for others to judge and they can respond to you face-to-face. I actually liked that about the experience, and the response was overwhelmingly positive. I really wanted to do Snow White & Rose Red specifically because it's a lesser-known tale, and I hoped that the imagery would have the very effect that you stated.
                    artgyrl.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here are two more:


                      The Princess & The Pea


                      Goldilocks
                      artgyrl.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I really like the Princess and the Pea. I am also glad to see a southern girl on here representn'. More please.
                        [email protected]

                        Instagram
                        http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

                        DA
                        http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like ur style would love to see you do an Alice in Wonderland or hmmmm Lilo and Sticht ;p
                          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Ua1lFVWc&hl=en

                          my record- W-2-L-9

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shannonh View Post
                            I really like the Princess and the Pea. I am also glad to see a southern girl on here representn'. More please.
                            Thank you. Heart of Dixie, what.

                            Originally posted by immigrant View Post
                            I like ur style would love to see you do an Alice in Wonderland or hmmmm Lilo and Sticht ;p
                            I'm not done with this series I really wanted to do Alice in Wonderland, but I couldn't get the concept together and get it finished in time for the show. So stay tuned.
                            artgyrl.com

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X