Some recent pin-ups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recent pin-ups...

Some stuff I've done for pummel this month...

Ironman

Wolverine

Autobots

These are mostly done, but any comments you can advice me on will be taken to heart for my next piece.

Oh, and if anyone is interested - these are for the 1:1 art battles here on PJ, that I encourage you all to join in on.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Damn - you've really leveled up. These look like they could be profitable convention prints, too.
    Mod
    Writer/Artist: Urban Shogun

Sketches | DA Gallery

Urban Shogun #3 is now available!

Comment

^hehe Juggs has been pulling double duty and using his PUMMEL pieces asconvention prints. He's crafty.
      -Juggs that wolverine turned out awesome. Perfect for framing. I think it will do nice. Do you think some action poses would work well as prints over there? You've done some great pinups, but I was thinking some classic hero/villain battles. Spidie vs gobby; wolvie vs sabretooth or mags; batman vs joker; maybe some movie stuff that would be recognizable over yonder?
      My Deviant Art Page
      My Pummel Matches
      P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Awesome images! I don't know how but I've missed the Transformers one. Very cool. I really like the animated style you bring to your recent work. It's like I expect them to start moving any second. If I'd point out anything it's the depth 'missing' because of the flat colors. I don't know how to describe it but I think it's a combination of same light source/color value and line width. I absolutely suck at coloring tho but thickening lines closer to and in the foreground helps to make the image easier to read and perhaps would add a little depth in the different layers. If you know what I'm babbling about.
        "Sometimes you get what you want.
        Sometimes you get experience."

-unknown

........-.........-..........-.........-..........-.........-........
        PUMMEL W: 11 L: 8 K-O:4 N-S:

Comment

Awesome pictures. I'm a huge fan of that animation-style coloring you do. I've read your tutorial but I still don't quite grasp it.

Comment

pretty awesome stuff Ed.
            my only crit is Ironman left arm,well mostly the lack of his left shoulder,at least to me anyway.
            and a very minor one is the canopy on the middle fighter jet looks far to big.
            great work though.
            devianart
            http://brokenhill.deviantart.com/

.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Broken...2971015?v=info

'

Comment

I really like that Iron man. I haven't been on here in a few months, but I remember where you art was before, and I can
              see some improvements.

Comment

I'll say what a neighbor of mine says every time we see a hot girl go by:

"N-i-i-i-i-c-e!"

Comment

Mase - I'm a HW now in pummel... best I start pulling my weight.

Hyde - Yeah, I really do need to put some more action pieces up. I think ppl are getting tired of my straight on pin-ups.

Pep - With the thin animation style lines I often use, I try to make depth with colour, saturation, foreshortening, and blur - but I guess I drop the ball sometimes too. Also, you didn't really miss it - it was just posted as a SF in pummel yesterday.

PM - Any specific stage that confuses ya?

Broken - Yeah, in my skeletal drawing, it wasn't an issue. But when I put armour on him, it looked messed.

Darq - thanks, man.

Yo - t-h-a-a-a-n-k-s
                  My Deviant Art page
                  My PUMMEL stats

Comment

These are great man, Ironman is def my fave.

Anyway you can link that tutorial that was brought up a couple replies before?

Comment

ironman hope you win.

Comment

Oh wow. I LOVE Wolverine.
                        artgyrl.com

Comment

Originally posted by 122EricWest View Post
                          These are great man, Ironman is def my fave.

Anyway you can link that tutorial that was brought up a couple replies before?
                          Here's one from a few years ago... but my process is pretty much the same still.
                          My Deviant Art page
                          My PUMMEL stats

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X