• Show
Clear All

• Bozzilla
    replied

you like it and that's what's most important

Leave a comment:

• Heist
    replied
    not at all. I disagree with whune. in all honesty I find it well constructed. in my eyes ur style is not realistic to begin with. I believe that u have a clear grasp of placement and r not guessing. without an understanding of 3dimensional space the shadows would not make sense like it does. sometimes it takes skill to not overdo something in it's simplest form. I appreciate that kind of subtlety. it also shows an understanding of suggestion. I think this a is fantastic presentation of skill an uniqueness. granted we all have room for growth but ur shit now. it calls to me. "this is the tits."

Leave a comment:

• Bozzilla
    replied
    ok, thanks....
    Heist: I hope Whune isn't ruining it for you

Leave a comment:

• Whune
    replied
    it's just your overall grasp of structure

your colorwork is good; and for the style really great
    but your forms... and proportion are weak.

the lines lack conviction;
    and I'd wager that that's because you are mostly guessing at where to put those lines;
    because you are going off of what looks right, rather than conceiving of the forms as solid 3-d objects in space.

Leave a comment:

• Bozzilla
    replied
    thanks again
    PM: I use pans
    Whune: what exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Bozzilla
    replied
    thanks again
    PM: I use pans
    Whune: what exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Whune
    replied
    dig the colorwork

linework and overall structure is leaving something to be desired for me.

Leave a comment:

• The P.R. Man
    replied
    wow, awesome work man! makes me want to get all my current drawings done so I can finally break out that watercolor set I bought myself for christmas.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetwk
    replied
    I love FLCL! This is great. The colors are totally what make it. The hand and leg on the left could use a little work I think. The leg looks real flat and the hand just looks weird, can't really place it exactly. The girl's head looks a little wonky too. But overall, the style is great, I'd be happy if I got this in an art swap. Good work.

Leave a comment:

• PMerriwether
    replied

This isn't the best example, but it's that warm, desaturated look he used for a while before switching to the modern Dragon Quest style (a big step back in my opinion).

Do you use watercolor tubes or pans?

Leave a comment:

• Bozzilla
    replied
    thanks guys
    especially Heist of course! (phew.. I'm so glad you like it)
    I wasn't sure about the girls face because I usually never draw anime/manga stuff..

PMerriwether: I'm not familiar with toriyama's colouring...
    I use watercolours. the only thing I did in PS was to darken the shadows a bit because my scanner is a load of horsesh&%$ยง"!

Leave a comment:

• immigrant
    replied
    got to say i love it when i see anime pics in here good stuff

Leave a comment:

• PMerriwether
    replied
    Amazing, especially the colors. You seem to be channeling the (good) Toriyama style of coloring here. How did you do those color selects? Or did you apply an overlay color in Photoshop?

Leave a comment:

• Heist
    replied
    @%*# yes! bro that looks awesome. how could u hope that i'd like it? that is a winning hand! i love it. its for sure going in a frame. it has so much character and style. love the vespa. love the wash. love the lines... u did a fantastic spin on the anime genre. i cant wait to get my hands on this even more now. i could not have asked or imagined better. badass!

Leave a comment:

• Popninja
    replied
    Dude, that is frame-worthy, for sure.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X