Special Ops Comic Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Ops Comic Cover

Final cover art. I've mad some slight adjustments since this was in the in progress lab. C&C always welcome.
    Last edited by Symson; 12-16-2011, 10:17 PM.
    Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Nice work Symson. All the imagery gives a good indication of what the book's about (special ops?), and it's all well drawn. My two cents - I feel like the neutral gray tones on the soldier in front are out of place with this, unless something in the title will echo it. Maybe you could tint it with some warm color in keeping with the reflected explosion? This might help things pop even more. Over all, looking good!
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

Sorry I missed this in the WIP section. 2 cents= I too like what you have here. For me it's a bit hard to read. Is the soldier in the foreground actually in the room with the radar techs? Cause that's how I'm seeing it. I want to read it as the techs are in 1 place connected to a soldier on the battlefield shown in the foreground, but there isn't enough to separate the 2 and tell me that the soldier is in another location. Maybe if the techs were placed a bit higher on the page and the extra room used to put sone scenery to establish the soldier on a battle field somewhere else might help. Also I'm not all that familiar with spec ops gear, but the helmet looks a bit like a skater/biker helmet and not like spec ops gear? To be honest with you this is a noce cover and gets the point across just fine.
      My Deviant Art Page
      My Pummel Matches
      P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Nice composition. The only thing that catches my eye is that your soldier looks scrunched. When I put my finger over the "signal" coming out of the drone, the soldier looks much much better. That suggests to me, that the "signal" lines are giving the illusion that they are pushing on his head. Try lightening up the green "signal" lines or maybe blurring them so they don't look like they're on the same plane as the soldier.
        [email protected]

Instagram
        http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
        http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Real nice work, I did not expect any less being familiar with the WIP posts.
          I also feel a bit of truth in what the guys say, but only as real fine tuning kine of issues.

Grats!
          Cheers,
          Einar

Sketchblog
          DA page

Comment

Looks good, Symson! I agree with the other comments that it gives a good idea what the interior of the book will be about. The Control room looks good. The only things I can add is that I'm not sure the drones communicate via an antenna (or is that a telephone pole?). I think most of them have some sort of satellite uplink or some-such(if Popular Mechanics is to be believed).

Also the flash suppressor on the front of the Soldier's rifle looks a little hinky, and the front sight-post might not be correct for a Special Forces type.
            HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

Adjusted cover art below

Thanks for the compliments and C&C. I've made some adjustments based on your input.

@Electronick I tried your suggestion. How does it work now?

@hydekomiksink No solider isn't in the room as I designed it, but it doesn't matter to me if people think so as he could be on his way out to a mission. I using the reflection to establish the battlefield. The helmet is legit military gear. For the first issue the team hasn't formed yet, so I can get away with this.

@shannonh I used your suggestions to try to lighten the "weight" on the solider. Writer want me to make the images larger also.

@Einar Thanks. As you can see below i'm putting the suggestions to work.

@scmarooney This drone is able to pick up a cell phone signal and determine a person's location using nearby cell towers (it's not a telephone pole). This technology actually being used now in the field. if you have some more correct reference for the gun I'm open to using it. Please send it to me. I'm not really up to speed on the gear yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Symson View Post
                @Electronick I tried your suggestion. How does it work now?
                I think it's improved! Not only does it reinforce that he is not in the room ( as hyde was unsure of ), but the colors compliment each other better and it's more eye catching.
                HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

Cool. I like.
                  [email protected]

Instagram
                  http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
                  http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Thanks Electronick and shannonh. Here's some tweaks with writer input.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X