X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caitlin Fairchild

Caitlin Fairchild of Gen13
    Layout/breakdowns - Steven Requius
    Finishes/inks - Shane Briggs (Xero Khan)

This is what came of some pencil breakdowns that my friend didn't want to finish. I went crazy on the line art and then inked it up with Microns, a Sharpie, and a brush pen. Hope you like it.

How did you do the tank? That's inconceivable!

Comment

Do you have the software to change the levels of the page?

It's kinda grey to look at at the moment - and would look MUCH better if you coud make the blacks darker and the whites whiter - if you know what I mean.

Photoshop?
      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
        Do you have the software to change the levels of the page?

It's kinda grey to look at at the moment - and would look MUCH better if you coud make the blacks darker and the whites whiter - if you know what I mean.

Photoshop?
        All I did was scan, resize, upload. Didn't mess with contrast or anything. Dunno why the scan turned out so grey. I'm not too worried about it until I color it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero Khan View Post
          I'm not too worried about it until I color it.
          I wasn't suggesting that it was something you should be worried about -- I was suggesting that it would be better for us to look at.....
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Awesome work.

The straps on the boots don't match up well. But that's a minor thing. Make is look like two similar but different boots she's wearing.
            See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
            DeviantArt

Comment

Excellent work here Xero Khan.

Comment

This is very good. How long did this take?
                dA Gallery

Comment

Nice piece. My only nitpick would be that her head looks a wee bit small for her body and she looks a little like she might need a support bra as her boobs are riding a bit low on her torso.

Comment

Good work.

I changed the levels as someone suggested to show better contrast.

P.U.M.M.E.L. Stats

Comment

The background is amazing.

But, it feels like her head may be small.
                      Except they line up alright with the shoulders so maybe its the shoulders and up that are small relative to the rest of the body?

She comes out at over 8 heads tall. Thats a lot. If I recall correctly (and I'm not sure that I do) isn't it usually standard to do about seven for hero proportion and 6 for a normal person?

Comment

Jeeezus! That's hardcore amazing. Got some charest influences in there. Good work!

Comment

Seriously. How did you do the background?

Comment

Originally posted by acosby View Post
                            The background is amazing.

But, it feels like her head may be small.
                            Except they line up alright with the shoulders so maybe its the shoulders and up that are small relative to the rest of the body?

She comes out at over 8 heads tall. Thats a lot. If I recall correctly (and I'm not sure that I do) isn't it usually standard to do about seven for hero proportion and 6 for a normal person?
                            Acutally it is 8-9 for superheroes ... roughly ... and for Fairchild she is suppose to be like Wonder Woman/Superman tall ... so it is about dead on actually.

I love this piece ... great background ... strong figure ... and awesome contrast. I would have to agree the breasts may be a bit off ... actually it mainly looks like her right one is lower then her left ... but that is a nit pick.
                            Last edited by spidey976; 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot to include my oppinion of the work ... D'OH
                            "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
                            http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
                            The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

Actually what's going on in the background? It looks like a bunch of tank parts in random order.

Is it supposed to make sense?

Waaaaaaaait. . . I think I finally see the sailboat.

Did she just beat up a bunch of tanks and pile them up?
                              New and improved for 1996!
                              Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X