X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GruvyCat
    • May 2006

Blanka and Rolento

This is my final entry for the Street Fighter Draw-Off, Looking for C&C.

• ScottEwen
    • Jun 2004

Kinda reminds me of Paper Mario. By which I mean, the characters look flat, like paper cutouts. I don't know if that was your intention or not.
    CORKTOWN #1-2 on Comixology

Comment

• Beastie
      [SUPPORTER]
      • Aug 2001

I liek the design of the characters -- but the flatness and randomly blurred areas aren't working for me.

If the blurriness was meant to suggest depth - I'm not sure its been 100% successful.
      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

• Pencilero
        Tactical Dingus
        • Jan 2005

I agree with Beastie. On one hand it looks like it's being used to denote action, but on the other it's also applied to Rolento - so I'm assuming it's also being used to indicate depth. In which case it seems sort of out of place on Rolento. I'd prefer just a blur on the hand / arm for the motion; but leave the figure alone.

Overall reminds me of that Samurai Jack guy.

Also I'm unclear, is Blanka playing fetch with the grenades?
        New and improved for 1996!
        Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

• GruvyCat
          • May 2006

ScottEwen: Absolutely I like that they are flat. I enjoy the "paper cut out" look. So that was intentional indeed.

Beastie: Glad you like the characters. The flatness, as stated above is intentional, I suppose it's a stylistic choice, not for everyone. Yeah the blurred effect was me thinking of possibilities but not really achieving them. I still wanted to post to get some feedback.

GAG2: I am definitely going to take the advice given on the blur situation. I was going to changed it up where Rolento isn't blurred at all, and the background I want to keep fuzzy. However, I'm going to make the dock area in focus (Since it is in the foreground) Would you have any suggestions on what might make the bombs work a little better. I am giong with the "Flat" look, but I'm uncertain as how to make the bombs look like they have been hurled forward.

Also, I don't THINK Rolento threw the bombs to have Blanka retrieve them, but he is one crazy SoB so... it's up to fate.

Honestly I appreciate every comment and critique it's all very helpful!

Comment

• PLOG
            • Mar 2002

I think the blurring is a good idea, but agree with what's been said, it needs some uniformity. Blanka doesn't have any and he's flyin through the air. But what you've said will likely work best, have the figures as the focused plane and blur forward and backward from there.

For the grenades i think your best tool for their motion will probably be smoke from them cooking. Give it a little more definition and maybe loop it around behind the grenades, might show their flight path a little better.

that said i like this a lot. given that it's not in the standard "capcom style", which i also like, it's got a strong chance of snagging at least my vote

mattPLOG
            It's only bad bacon, if it comes from a zombie pig...

PUMMEL:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...14YdVOeycvnGYA

DA http://mattplog.deviantart.com/

Comment

• GruvyCat
              • May 2006

PLOG: Thanks for the kind words and the ideas for the improvements. I'll probably be tweeking the rest of the piece until the 15th Deadline and then hopefully all will be well!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X