Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snake eyes

Pencils (and inks?) by Robert Atkins

A couple of years ago Rob sent me the high res to a bunch of GI Joe covers that he's worked on(whatta nice guy!) and this one has been sitting flatted on my HDD for at least a year, so I decided to finally finish it off...

Interesting thing about this one was that I did most of the colours using screen mode on the layers for some reason... not sure why. I just started on one bit in screen mode and then kept working that way... *shrugs*
    I colour stuff...

Do I recognize those BG clouds from Hi Fi?
    My Deviant Art Page
    My Pummel Matches
    P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

No

I made them by using some cloud photos and then layering. gradient-ing and mixing and matching layer modes for about an hour or so. I couldn't reproduce the exact same effect if I tried
      I colour stuff...

Comment

maybe I'm wrong here, but doesn't the sky seem like it's normal and vertical, while the rest of the scene is tilted? I mean it looks cool and all, but when I took the pic into photoshop and tilted it, so the ground was a level horizon, the sky looks really weird.

Comment

That's a good catch darqjakob, but I suppose it depends how much the penciler had already put in place, if anything, for Sean to color in the sky.

Comment

Hey SeanE if you haven't checked out 'Hi-Fi Colors For Comics' by Brain Miller you totally should. He has a quick and easy method for dropping in the sky just like you mentioned. His process took a novice like me about 5 minutes to get a very similar result. Here's a like to his site. Totally worth it.
            http://www.hificolorforcomics.com/
            And a link to his AWESOME color forum:
            http://www.thecomicforums.com/forum2...?showforum=203
            My Deviant Art Page
            My Pummel Matches
            P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
              That's a good catch darqjakob, but I suppose it depends how much the penciler had already put in place, if anything, for Sean to color in the sky.
              Good point, if the penciler wants it that way, then I guess you gotta color what they give you.

Comment

Did you mean to swap the t and k on the street sign? Looks great tho
                "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Never argue with an Idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with exp.

http://toddoss.deviantart.com/

Comment

fixed the typo and also tilted the sky as much as I could... looks better-er now
                  I colour stuff...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X