Parker & Parker: The Original Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker & Parker: The Original Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Another retro-ficto cover. You know, Richard's right forearm is extremely loooong. Uh, that's a metaphor for his crimefighting-agent status -- you know, the LONG arm of the law. Uh, yeah.

Hey, does anyone know how to photoshop wrinkles and creases? I want to degrade these things, and I just can't find the right tutorial online...

http://tutorialsclub.deviantart.com/ would be a good place to start looking

you've seriously got to fix richards anatomy though, it's incredibly distracting.
    P.R. Scholtz
    Tumblr
    DeviantArt
    Twitter
    My Wife can beat up your Dad

Comment

I want to fix it...but in the laziest way possible. You know, somehow drop a giant blob of (digital) ink and hide my mistakes behind a shadow...or maybe just change the title of the book to Rich Parker and his BIONIC WRISTS!

Oh, I can't live with this. I'm going to fix it now.

Comment

good for you pal, don't let those arms get th best of you,
        P.R. Scholtz
        Tumblr
        DeviantArt
        Twitter
        My Wife can beat up your Dad

Comment

I like some of the sharp angles you've got going on it your shadowed areas. Almost makes parts of the pic look like a wood-cutting.

One little thing to remember when drawing hands holding guns. The index finger will always stick out further than the other fingers due to the fact that it is extended to sit on the trigger. All of the gun hands in this pic are just scrunched into fists.

Also, whilst you've done a decent job of giving the figures a sense of depth and form -- the inanimate objects (such as the guns and briefcase) look decidedly flat and 2D.

Hope those points help.
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Revision

Thanks for the advice, guys. I shortened the arm, extended the trigger fingers, gave a little more depth to the guns...I couldn't do much about adding depth to the briefcase, but I did add a little shadow on the handle to increase it's depth.

Thanks again. This is one of those pieces that you invest a lot of time into and just end up feeling uncertain the whole time...I think it's this angular thing I've been messing around with, haven't quite figured it out.

Comment

Re-revision

Re: RE-REVISION

Special thanks to Kerry Callen, who helped me out with them wrinkles and creases and whatnot. He's great, visit his blog.

OK, here is, for the last time, now all beat-up and aged:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X