Astonishing X-men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astonishing X-men

Enjoyed working on actual paper so much with my Ghost sequentials that I came back for more. I loved Astonishing (Whedon and Cassady arc), and finally got around to trying my hand with the characters. Not a very deep pic, just trying to make an interesting group shot and give some personality to the characters. Crits very welcome, thanks for lookin'.
    Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

i think the composition could be better. Mostly the placement of cyclops and to a lesser extent the flying chick.

The buildings look a bit dialed in.

Everything else is top notch.
    Raised as a babe in drawing arenas to become the art warrior that I am today.

http://gunkstudios.tumblr.com/

Pummel: lightheavy weight rank- wins-27 losses-20 KO-11

Comment

Dude that is a fantastic page.
      Just go to the site you know you want to malacai.net

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Masterman View Post
        just trying to make an interesting group shot and give some personality to the characters.
        mission accomplished. nice one.
        www.facebook.com/MikeJamesArt
        Odds 'n' Sods Art Blog
        Etsy Store

Comment

Cyclops is your weak link here. He's very static and his anatomy is peculiar - the long torso and square legs really throw things off. There's also a weird tangent with Wolvie's back and Colossus' leg - it makes Colossus look like he has chicken legs. Lockheed's placement could be a little stonger as well. Right now he looks like he's in the same plane as flying chick (is that Rogue? I can't keep up with her wardrobe), but I think you want him in the same plane as Kitty and Colossus. Lastly, Wolverine's far claws kinda dissappear. Angling them a bit will make him more intimidating. I hope this doesn't seem like heavy bashing - the piece could be really fantastic with a few changes. You're constantly impressing me and I want you to keep growing as an artist. Keep up the great work.
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

Originally posted by hadesillustrations View Post
            I hope this doesn't seem like heavy bashing
            Not at all, man; I appreciate it. Cyke is definitely the weak link here, never really came up with a good solution for him, and he doesn't conform at all the the golden spiral layout that all the rest are placed on. This piece was something of a procrastination from working on my book, so I probably won't revisit it soon, but its always good to hear reactions.
            Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

I dig it. Nice foreshortening on the claws.
              SB!FBTrMABP: 10W-11L-7K.O

Comment

Astonishing drawing!
                my tumblr

facebook

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X