Not rushed, but still not perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not rushed, but still not perfect

At least the masked chick's foot isn't on backwards.
    Cheers, Alex

And in color:
    Cheers, Alex

Comment

The hood on the fella on the right was purple, but the jpeg makes it blue (?). I think all the reds are toned down for some reason as the masked chick is brighter in the original too. *shrug*
      Cheers, Alex

Comment

Hey dude,
        I did a quick 'n' rough work over. Hope you don't mind!
        In your original, the image is flattened out from your use of colour. The same tones and saturation have been used throughout. It flattens the image alot. I quickly arsed around on PS just to show that a little less saturation, tone adjustment can make your pic pop out a little more.
        Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
        and here on Twitter

Comment

I've already sent the file to my publisher, but I really appreciate the input and time you took to illustrate that adjustment. I played around with the brightness, contrast, and saturation levels and it made a huge difference. I'll see if I can post the new version.

Note: the jpegs I'm making from the full sized image are a little weird. The colors are off. Very off. ???
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

I had to adjust it in photobucket as some of the colors were off again. I guess Witch Hunter's hood just isn't allowed to be purple. *shrug*

Edited - hopefully a purple hood will appear.
            Last edited by hadesillustrations; 08-07-2008, 11:41 AM. Reason: NO PURPLE!!!!!
            Cheers, Alex

Comment

Check the colour profile you have your photoshop set on... It could be that in displays one way, but actually looks like another. Silly question, but are you working in CMYK then saving to RGB or something? That could cause the colours to bugger up.
              Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
              and here on Twitter

Comment

Nyergh! I was working in cmyk - it's just what I'm used to when designing vehicle wraps and I don't think to change it. I converted the file to rgb and uploaded to photobucket and the hood appears purple there now. Yay! But it's still blue here. Boo! Whatever. I fool around with coloring, but I'm no colorist.

I still like this piece for what it is - a thrown together mish-mash of crap (or craf). Some folks had commented that there seem to be different styles used - that's true. Connie Quasar on the left is drawn in a specific style by her creator. The staff-weilding moron in the back I wanted to look differeb=nt from the other characters as well to make certain he didn't look like part of the same story.

Feh. It's garbit.
                Cheers, Alex

Comment

Work on your line weight when inking. Other than that I like it.

Comment

CMYK and color yippeee

if it's going to print always work in cmyk or on very special occasions if the printer can do it, you can use photoshop's color libraries and use Pantones if the printer can print more than 4 colors. But Pantones are mainly for very specialized usage (logos, um, yeah) That might also involve special alpha channels for spot color stuff too.

For the computer, converting to RGB shouldn't hurt your image much, I think all cmyk colors are available in rgb but I know not all rgb colors are available in cmyk. It might be a color profile issue as mentioned before or it could be mac vs pc issues as well, I doubt it has anything to do with web safe colors now a days. and all monitors are calibrated differently for every computer.

Do they still use color charts to match colors like in the paste up days?

I know just enough to be dangerous

Anyway, I like the work!!!
                    Don't let their Kicking get You DOWN

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I typically work in cmyk because my big honkin' Roland is a cmyk machine. My RIP software has a much easier time with that mode. I think I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing for the most part, though I know there are a few coloring methods that use rgb channels to color (or at least assist). Still, I can create my lineart layer using a rgb mode, then convert to cmyk before I lay any color down. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket...

Thanks for the praise too!
                      Cheers, Alex

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X