Doctor Manhattan: Low-Res Wacom Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Manhattan: Low-Res Wacom Test

This is the first thing I ever tried with the Wacom tablet and stylus; Up until now, I'd always get frustrated too fast to see it through. Here, I did, and now I finally have the confidence to keep working with it. This was free-hand in the computer (no scan, drawing or reference) in PhotoShop CS, 72 dpi (so that I didn't get extra frustrated with my slow computer), using the airbrush and smudge tools.

Not bad for your first try with a Wacom, Yomark. I'd say a few well chosen hard edges in there would really add a lot of polish to this piece.
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

His facial structure here makes him look African. It is very good for a first!
      - Jordan Sampanes
      ---Proud to be a PJ Member---
      Pummel stats: LW W-1 L-0 KO-0

Interested in my work? Mail me:[email protected]

Comment

Thanks, both. I did try to add some harder details in the interior of the face to bring into sharper "focus", and did trim the outer left edge. I agree about the African resemblance: I started by just trying a face (my "go-to" subject when I'm experimenting), then decided to make him Dr. Manhattan, whcih is an easy change…also because someone else in here used him as their first stylus subject also.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X