Raven Pummel Linework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Pummel Linework

Doc asked me to see the linework for this piece.

Neon Neuron

DA

Blogger

Nice Paper Toys

I like every thing about it except for the fact that left eye is two small. You are to advanced to be making simple mistakes like that. The hands are perfect I wish I could draw hands like that. That's something I will have to work on. I think you should push your cartoon style further. Also I recolored your line work.

Comment

you know, I've been looking at the eyes a bit...and, Your right, I can't justify it.
      Neon Neuron

DA

Blogger

Nice Paper Toys

Comment

You've already got some variety in your line weights, but I would suggest to push it even more, right now it is impossible to tell where the light is coming from. Looks too much like a coloring book right now.
        http://bleagh.deviantart.com/

Comment

There are some anatomy, foreshortening and proportion issues but, by far, the most glaring problem to me is the lack of any type of background. You've done a good job of showing that the body has weight with the pose and light logic but what is she sitting on? Why can't see it? Why is there so much negative space around the figure? I'm telling you from experience; don't get used to just drawing the figure because it will take you twice as long to learn to draw backgrounds once you've developed the bad habit of ommiting them. There are ways to place the figure so that it takes up most of the space of your composition but right now you're not even doing that. The figure is just floating in the middle of the paper.
          Commie Zombies From Outer Space
          My art thread
          http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge...itle_no=144890

Comment

The foot to our right (her left foot) looks like its on the wrong leg (ie its pointing the wrong way / arched the wrong way).

I'm also keen to find out what she's sitting on......
            Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

her right shoulder looks big, that could be due to her arm being raised, but it still seems big for a charecter that isn't known for being very muscular. her calves also look large in relation to her thighs.

the crotch area of her unitard isn't symmetrical on the left side with the angle she's sitting at. it kinda looks it has a wierd wrinkle, or something I don't want to say out loud, but should be ashamed for thinking of.

it's some really nice work man, the hands are awesome, and her torso looks great. very nice work that just needs a few tweaks that the other guys have mentioned. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
              P.R. Scholtz
              Tumblr
              DeviantArt
              Twitter
              My Wife can beat up your Dad

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X