Captain America vs Hauptmann Deutschland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ra Havok
    Meandering up, down, back and forth
    • Mar 2002

Captain America vs Hauptmann Deutschland!

For a PUMMEL streetfight with Spidey.

Thanks for looking!

PUMMEL Heavyweight - W8 (KO5) - L7
  • Jel
    • Sep 2002

Hi man.
    The colors are good, but there seems to be some unusual (coming from you) perspective and anatomy issuses with most of the figures...It looks like you've painted directly without really constructing the figures first. Plus the figures are kind of stiff...
    Last edited by Jel; 05-24-2011, 04:16 AM.
    http://jel.deviantart.com

Comment

• Ra Havok
      Meandering up, down, back and forth
      • Mar 2002

Interesting. I eyeballed the perspective, but I must confess I don't immediately see how the figures don't match with the perspective used. Maybe that's also related to the somewhat odd build of the characters, which, believe it or not, was intentional. I tried to go for a stocky, almost cartoonish look, but maybe I didn't pull that off properly.

Thanks for the reply!
      PUMMEL Heavyweight - W8 (KO5) - L7

Comment

• Beastie
        [SUPPORTER]
        • Aug 2001

It's all very nicely rendered - but there's no sense of urgency or conflict in this pic. The Nazi's face clearly suggests that he's angry - but Cap's face is totally blank. He could be reading a newspaper or looking patiently waiting in a queue at the cinema with that face. Come on, Laurens! He's about to kick a Nazi's ass! I would suggest that the energy would be improved by raising Cap's (non-shield) arm up as though he's about to throw a punch - and gritting his teeth.

In my opinion, the direction of his eyes and face doesn't suggest that he's 100% looking at the Nazi either. Its slightly off, for me.

I don't have any probs with the perspective though.
        Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

• Jel
          • Sep 2002

I agree with what Beastie said, and I might have not expressed myself clearly enough; the perspective issues are with the characters, not the setting.

I did a couple paintovers to show you better what I mean:

http://jel.deviantart.com

Comment

• Rayuken
            • Mar 2011

Wow Ra Havok this piece is AWESOME! I'm in awe of your painting skills! I could see the argument on perspective FOR your piece depending on how close the 'camera' is to the action. As a 3D animator I know perspective can be played with by adjusting camera position, focal length, depth of field etc... creating differing resulting renders. While there is always room for improvement on any piece, all in all, this piece is very well done!
            Middleweight
            Wins: 6 Losses:7 KO's:4

www.raymondjoachim.com

Comment

• metsuke
              • Mar 2011

The revised perspective is spot on, but I was amazed to see how fast Ra Havok put this together.

odd kredenzas
              TKMGK
              Pummel
              Light Heavy
              WIN: 29 LOSS: 30 KO: 12
              deviantART

Comment

• ntat
                • Apr 2009

I know this isnt "technically", or "anatomically", perfect, but, I personally think this is bad ass....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X