Fantasy biker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy biker?

This was a character design for a weekly contest sorta thing. I've found that I have an easier time with watercolors if I do a wash of colors over the entire thing, and then punch highlights back in at the end with gouache. That way I can work fast and dirty, and not have to worry about keeping anything white.

Liche king, that is GREAT. Color choices are good, and those gouache highlights really add something extra. Nice work on the bike, too. I wanna see more stuff like this from you!
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

This is very nicely done. I like the style a lot. I feel that the distance between him and the bike is too far considering how he has his hand lying on it. I think the bike would need to be placed right next to him for him to reach. I think his legs look a tad stiff too but that’s really nitpicking.

Comment

Pretty cool. Like if Frazetta came up with Mad Max. No gauges on the bike?

Comment

I like it, though the bike seems tiny. I like the colors a lot.
          See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
          DeviantArt

Comment

fuggin love it.
            Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

Thanks guys!

Bergulf- yeah, the perspective between him and the bike is slightly wonky. I didn't notice until I had inked it already, and since I was doing watercolors I couldn't patch over it.

Spidey- damn, I knew something was missing. I was using photos of an old dirt-bike I have for reference, gauges would have been a good idea. That and maybe a gas cap...

Comment

Nice work here. The colors are great, and good line work.
                My deviant art!!
                My sketch blog!!
                Pummel stats

Comment

that skull had better breath fire!
                  - Website | Flying Fortress | Deviant -

"It's not our attempt to do one perfect drawing that enables us to improve. It's by doing many drawings, and learning from our mistakes." - Joe Kubert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X