• Show
Clear All

• Neddypoteddy
    replied
    O and btw, why no spider on his back?

Leave a comment:

• Neddypoteddy
    replied
    Usually there isn't that much folds in the costume. But if we were thinking realistically, I feel like maybe his suit should have some folds in it more often. Just my own opinion though. I like how it gives the suit a clothy feeling rather than tight elastic suit.

Leave a comment:

• dreamCMYK
    replied
    Agreed 100%! He totally has a spider-wedgie, and there is def. something off with that arm, thank you for the good eye!

Leave a comment:

• golgotha
    replied
    the right arm seems kind of strange and not natural. and his butt crack seems too deep.

Leave a comment:

• dreamCMYK
    replied
    Thanks! Yeah, that's the pen tool for some parts; I don't do much drawing on paper anymore, unless I'm just doing quick thumbnails for illustrations. No photo ref. was used, but I do use Poser occasionally for reference on the initial drawings I do, which I did here. I don't trace the image, because Poser can do some weird things when you're posing the models. No reference was used at all on the painting portion, to show me what I need to focus on for the future (it's somewhat muddy, there should be more detail in places, etc.). Hopefully I can push the next the next paintings further.

Leave a comment:

• shannonh
    replied
    Your pencils look digital.....like the pen tool. No photo ref?

Leave a comment:

• voteforpedro
    replied
    Nice sense of depth

Leave a comment:

• dreamCMYK
    replied
    Thanks! Yeah, I went kind of overboard with the folding I think lol. Ah well, I'll try to tone it down next time...cheers!

Leave a comment:

• CyberWyld
    replied
    usually don't see Spideys' costume with so many folds in it. That being said, I like it. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• dreamCMYK
    started a topic Spider-man speed paint practice

Spider-man speed paint practice

Hello PJ, my first time throwing colors on one of my "speed paintings", was really good practice; it was also really informative as far as seeing what needs to be worked on. I have a long ways to go yet, but the process of getting there is really fun!

Pencils I had done already:

Painting, 2 hours in Photoshop Cs4 + Bamboo fun:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X