A few recent illustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few recent illustrations

Just thought i'd share a couple of new illustrations I created. Let me know what you think!

A poster I designed for one of my favourite films, The Thing.

Brundlefly from the film The Fly

and finally a Batman

Last edited by Frito; 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM.
    Flickr

Blog

Tumblr

Twitter

Hey Frito I kinda like your style! That Batman is great, but his head is way too big - makes it look like he's got the body of a kid.
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

I like the style too. I don't have as big an issue with the head. It looks to scale if you are going 6.5 heads and not the comic book 10 heads. With the thing poster though I am not sure why you cut it at the head. Leaving space at the top would have made the viewer feel alone. Chopping it like that makes the viewer feel cramped.

With batman he looks like he is in the air until you look at his right foot. It appears to be bent like it is grounded.
      PuMMeL : Wins 9 --- Losses 11 --- KO 7

FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/EricArmstrongArts
      TWITTER : http://twitter.com/ArmstrongArts
      EMAIL : [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmstrongArts View Post
        I like the style too. I don't have as big an issue with the head. It looks to scale if you are going 6.5 heads and not the comic book 10 heads. With the thing poster though I am not sure why you cut it at the head. Leaving space at the top would have made the viewer feel alone. Chopping it like that makes the viewer feel cramped.

With batman he looks like he is in the air until you look at his right foot. It appears to be bent like it is grounded.
        Completely Agree with AsA. The Thing is nice but cramped. That Batman, other than the foot, is tits. Good stuff.
        Fresh Droppings | Sketch Blog

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah I can totally see what you are saying.

With The Thing poster, a feeling of loneliness isn't something I was necessarily trying to convey however, I can see that cropping it off at the head was a bad decision - like InkDrop says it looks kind of cramped.

Yep, completely agree with the batman critique.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it!
          Flickr

Blog

Tumblr

Twitter

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I hope to see, "The Thing" fanart that turns out to be the guy from fantastic four. I actually don't mind the cropping, infact, if it were cropped lower, below the shoulders, it might also be nice. I could picture it the other way too. Cool pic.

Comment

Thanks Gloomy, I'm glad you like my stuff! Yeah i'm hoping to do some more 'The Thing' art soon - maybe a Macready illustration.
              Its funny you mention that because my original idea was to have the head completely cropped but I decided against it at the last minute.

Thanks again for the feedback!
              Flickr

Blog

Tumblr

Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Electronicron View Post
                Hey Frito I kinda like your style! That Batman is great, but his head is way too big - makes it look like he's got the body of a kid.
                I dissagre, the head in proportion in relationship to the body is fine. He just doesn't have heroic proportions, he has the hight of a average person.

Comment

looks like salad fingers in the first pic

Comment

very nice work like all three

Comment

Really nice style! Love these!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!
                        Flickr

Blog

Tumblr

Twitter