Some cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cars

Hey Pj-ers, I'm in the process of re-working my portfolios, so I thought I'd post up 2 pictures that I've recently finished. Both are of cars, although I tried doing them in different styles. The white Genesis was a day of boredom and wondering what it would look like if I bought one, and the Ferrari is supposed to be more of a "proper" portfolio piece. Anyway, hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tools: Photoshop cs5, Sketchup 8 Pro, Wacom tabby
    Genesis illo:

Ferrari:

Thanks for looking! cheers
    Pummel Record, LHW
    Wins 0 Losses 0 Ties 0

I'm always down to help, so if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

Open for commissions/new work at the moment.

i like em. is this all digital? do you use paths or is this all vector art?

Comment

Great attention to detail and shadowing. Reminds me of the rotoscoping in "A Scanner Darkly!"

Great job!

Comment

Nice work. You made the Genesis look cool. If they looked like that on the lot, I'd get one :-)
        Shiver Bureau - webcomic
        Cubicles - Digital Graphic Novel. First Chapter is Free
        Website
        DA Gallery
        PUMMEL Stats - Light Heavy - W:4 - L:1 - KO:2

Comment

looking all sorts of good.
          My Deviant Art page
          My PUMMEL stats
          PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
          2 Time Heavyweight Champion
          Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Those tires look very expensive.
            Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
            deviant art
            tumblr
            PJ blog

Comment

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words...I should post more soon, I've been all sorts of busy lately.

@Deth: Yes, they are. I'll do the line art, then block in colors, then it's all paths/airbrushing/color holds. The final stage usually consists of "post-production" effects, like adding the ground reflections, the depth of field, final highlights, etc. I will say this I do miss drawing cars in traditional media though, I might do that again sometime once I get a moment.

@walterostlie: Lol, me too...there's great potential there, they just need to...tweak some things.
              Pummel Record, LHW
              Wins 0 Losses 0 Ties 0

I'm always down to help, so if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

Comment

Great stuff, Mate. Especially the genesis. (the ferrari is somehow a bit flat to me...)
                Cheers,
                Einar

Sketchblog
                DA page

Comment

Wow, a Hyundai that actually looks cool.
                  SB!FBTrMABP: 10W-11L-7K.O

Comment

Very nice work but shouldn't the steering wheel show just a bit above the door on the Red one?
                    devianart
                    http://brokenhill.deviantart.com/

.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Broken...2971015?v=info

'

Comment

Originally posted by brokenhill View Post
                      Very nice work but shouldn't the steering wheel show just a bit above the door on the Red one?
                      Hmm...possibly, I'll go back and check it out; thank you for the keen eye

@ Einar: Thank you, this was the first time I've rendered a car in a unique lighting atmosphere (well, it's a sunset, but it's not mid-afternoon like most things I draw lol) and maybe I didn't capture it the best I could; ah well, you live you learn...next time I hope I nail it better

@ Spidey Thank you, I wish people would do something with the new genesis to make them more accepted lol
                      Pummel Record, LHW
                      Wins 0 Losses 0 Ties 0

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X