Her Thumbs Aren't the Only Green Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her Thumbs Aren't the Only Green Thing

Finished this commission today. Took about 4 hours start to finish. I know what your thinkin..."Are those Pirahna Plants?!?" Yes they are, you mean to tell me you think Bowser grew those nasty things? As far as I'm concerned she's probally on a contract or something.

Let me know whats wrong so I can put it in my list of things to do better.

You guys are awesome!

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Never argue with an Idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with exp.

http://toddoss.deviantart.com/

Overall it's looking pretty good! It seems to me her head is a bit small for her frame, and her right hand is a little large. Minor nitpick - the large piranha plant in the lower right might imbalance the composition a bit, but it's not bad. Good work.
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

I like the composition, Toddoss, but agree with Electronicron that her head might be on the small side. By my measurements Poison Ivy in your illustration is 9 heads high (perhaps just a bit less). I would probably shoot for 7 or 8 heads high? It's one of those nitpick things, though, that a lot of people aren't going to notice unless it is glaring. I really like your illustration overall!
      HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

Nice layout, but thing thing I would suggest is in relation to contrast.

The highest area of contrast, with the greatest amount, is her thigh/crotch area with the cabbage plant behind her. Whatever area has the highest contrast will draw attention first. So on this ,for me, it goes: crotch, face, and finally plant on the bottom left. I assume you want it to go to her face first. Add a higher concentration of lights and dark in this area.

Comment

I agree on the head. Her eyes also look weird to me, like she has a lazy eye or droopy eyelid. and her nose looks a little pinched.

Besides her, I think the stems on the plants could have been giving more volume and depth. The one on the left, seems like it is coming from behind her, coming forward and wrapping around her arm. But the stem never changes size or twists, so it looks like it only should be moving sideways. This is true of the others as well. so it kind of flattens the image out.
          Shiver Bureau - webcomic
          Cubicles - Digital Graphic Novel. First Chapter is Free
          Website
          DA Gallery
          PUMMEL Stats - Light Heavy - W:4 - L:1 - KO:2

Comment

I like being drawn to her crotch.
            My Deviant Art page
            My PUMMEL stats
            PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
            2 Time Heavyweight Champion
            Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Thanks everyone!! Tell ya what today i'll make some revisions and see what you think. Thanks again for all the C&C guys. This is why I love this site.

I assume you want it to go to her face first.
              debateable....very debatable
              "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Never argue with an Idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with exp.

http://toddoss.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X