TMNT inks and colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMNT inks and colors

This was a pencil sketch, turned inking practice, turned coloring exercise. Also, the turtles forgot to wear their pads and belts! Those guys are forgetful - they should slow down and examine things more closely before inking...I mean fighting crime.

Colored in Photoshop

Critiques and comments are welcome!
    HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Nice! It looks good!

Comment

Thanks Mr. Nixon!
      HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

Something about Leo's sword placement and Don's stance creeps me out little

Some size variation with Ralf & Mic would push the depth. The turtles grouping is rather flat with Splinter seemingly an after thought. The image feels pieced together instead of composed.

Do you thumbnail or just go right for a finished piece?
        Fresh Droppings | Sketch Blog

Comment

I can't quite figure out what's going on with Raphel's arms. Especially the right arm. But the piece has some good energy and the colors really help it pop.
          Shiver Bureau - webcomic
          Cubicles - Digital Graphic Novel. First Chapter is Free
          Website
          DA Gallery
          PUMMEL Stats - Light Heavy - W:4 - L:1 - KO:2

Comment

Inkdrop - you're right. This was an unplanned sketch. Just went from turtle to turtle, and added Splinter to fill in some dead space. This was just an exercise - I wasn't even planning on posting it, but I figured "why not". If even one person likes it, or I get a good critique on inking or color, it was worth posting.

walterostlie - you found the weakest point. I did struggle a bit with Raph's right arm. Thanks for your comment!
            HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

What kind of tool did you use a brush or a technical pen?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strange Fate View Post
                What kind of tool did you use a brush or a technical pen?
                I used a Sakura brush pen with the reservoir on the back. I've got better brushes, but I'm afraid to use them with ink because I use those with watercolors - not sure if that'll wreck 'em. I've only inked 2 pieces with a brush so far, and for the most part, I like it way better than pens. Pens are good for detail and uniform line-weight, though.
                HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

very nice work on all the various exercises I wish my practices and exercises turned out half as good.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X