sgt. fang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sgt. fang

I just sketched it out without thinking of a scenario, but I made one up to go with it.

'it's the end of mankind, dogs have evolved into the dominant species. This 'canine erectus' is about to blow a charge destroying the door of the last human outpost'

I like this a lot. Very cool concept and execution. Love the suit. As well as the story telling wit the human caught under the door.

I think the anatomy on the canine erectus could use a bit more modification. The legs are a good human/dog hybrid, I think you could carry that through to the arms.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Comment

sweet illustration. I love how worn out everything looks. all the nicks and dents. great work.
      Shiver Bureau - webcomic
      Cubicles - Digital Graphic Novel. First Chapter is Free
      Website
      DA Gallery
      PUMMEL Stats - Light Heavy - W:4 - L:1 - KO:2

Comment

cool illustration, ditchman! So much for man's best friend, huh ? The dog-creature doesn't remind me much of a dog, but it still has a nice alien feeling to it and is suitably menacing. Nice job!
        HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

thanks everyone! as I said, I just made that dog nonsense up after I drew it... so I didn't really have an evolved dog in mind when I designed it, I was just winging it. I guess that shows huh.

Comment

I like this, ditchman! I particularly like the interesting POV angle. Adds a lot of visual excitement! Nice work!

Loston
            http://www.lostonwallace.com
            http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com

I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:
            http://www.lostonwallace.com

Comment

thanks! this one seems to have gone down better than usual (I probably put a bit more effort into it).

Comment

You really captured an apocalyptic feel with this piece. Great work.

Comment

Aw man....just as I looked at this, my own dog sitting next to me just looked up at me and "smiled" like she was saying..."Yup...that's right! Soon!!"
                  DANN
                  Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

www.dannphillips.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dann View Post
                    Aw man....just as I looked at this, my own dog sitting next to me just looked up at me and "smiled" like she was saying..."Yup...that's right! Soon!!"
                    Thank God our Dog lives in Denver with our Daughter lol
                    Love the work and Idea...gives Planet of the Apes a run for it's money Ditchman
                    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

thanks knglerxt, that's what I was going for

Dann - keep an eye on the hounds, I used to have a dog who could work door handles. the minute they learn to work the can opener we will no longer be required.

Bryan - I love the original one, but I could make a better movie than the Tim Burton remake with my phone camera and a pet gerbil.

Comment

hahaha Very true...you can't beat the Original
                        Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

Nice work really digging the concept and the rendering. Sweet
                          Website
                          DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X