Cam Newton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton

After the big comeback in Tuscaloosa, very likely to take home the big doorstop on Dec. 11.

pencils:

inks:

color:
    Check out paulmcrae.ca.
    My DeviantArt Page

I didn't like the pencils for this, but you won me back with the inks, and then even more so with the colors. However, his legs are disproportionately small to the rest of his torso, and in the colored version, the shoes being in grayscale leave them looking unfinished. Other than that, this does a good job of conveying a sense of motion without anything else to reference.
    @PANolte | Inkspot Comics :|: Facebook | DeviantArt | DriveThruComics |

Comment

Wheres the cash falling outta his back pocket?

Nice pic.
      DeviantArt Page

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here is the ref. You are right the legs might be a little short.

And his dad has the money, doesn't he? ;-)
        Check out paulmcrae.ca.
        My DeviantArt Page

Comment

Hope this helps.

From the reference picture, they could both be thickened a bit, but it's not really necessary. Here's what I managed to do in Photoshop in about a minute. The purple is where his leg was rotated and stretched a bit, and the green is where his knee was brought out to make the thigh bigger.
          @PANolte | Inkspot Comics :|: Facebook | DeviantArt | DriveThruComics |

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I think it is an optical illusion caused by the coloring, but that leg now looks way _too_ big. I think the length of his leg from the waist down should be just a it taller than his head when measured from the waist up. Mine it hits the top of the head more or less right on and I think it needs to be just a bit longer.
            Check out paulmcrae.ca.
            My DeviantArt Page

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X