Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding Hood

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Riding Hood

    Made a spec cover for Zenescope of Riding Hood and the Wolf. Would LOVE some feedback/critique before I send it to them. Also, would just like to hear from some of you...just cuz!

    Art Blog |
    alfredtrujillo.com |

  • #2
    I really like this, especially the fur texture, one thing does kinda bother me, and that's the expression on the girl's face... I would like a more frightened expression, however I'm not sure of the audience you would be reaching, so maybe you know best here
    Deviant Art Gallery
    My Webcomic: Titanomachy

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah i agree about the expression.. she looks to almost be .. enjoying
      Damn and i thought i had talent

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice cover, Alfred! I agree with the others that Red seems to be enjoying the attention of the big bad wolf a bit more than were generally accustomed to from the classic story. LOL. Red does look pretty sexy and the wolf's fur-textures and facial expression are suitably fierce looking. Not sure how much of the title for the comic is going to cover up some of the top of your drawing, might want to add some more "dead-space" at the top of the image to account for a title? Nice job overall, though!
        HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TGping View Post
          I really like this, especially the fur texture, one thing does kinda bother me, and that's the expression on the girl's face... I would like a more frightened expression, however I'm not sure of the audience you would be reaching, so maybe you know best here
          Glad you like the fur texture. The girl's face was supposed to be to make it more Zenescope friendly. I think I am going to leave it as is for the more risque type of feel.

          Originally posted by Macksamillyon View Post
          yeah i agree about the expression.. she looks to almost be .. enjoying
          giggity? heh

          Originally posted by scmarooney View Post
          Nice cover, Alfred! I agree with the others that Red seems to be enjoying the attention of the big bad wolf a bit more than were generally accustomed to from the classic story. LOL. Red does look pretty sexy and the wolf's fur-textures and facial expression are suitably fierce looking. Not sure how much of the title for the comic is going to cover up some of the top of your drawing, might want to add some more "dead-space" at the top of the image to account for a title? Nice job overall, though!
          Ahhh, should I put more space at the top? I guess I could paste a logo up there and see how it would look. hmmm. Well, glad you liked it!
          Art Blog |
          alfredtrujillo.com |

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the wolfs mouth looks too much like Parallax.
            "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing" ~ B.F.

            My Blog

            My DeviantArt

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, now I know the intent, and its all good.
              Deviant Art Gallery
              My Webcomic: Titanomachy

              Comment


              • #8
                capow! absolutely amazing alf!You were born to do this stuff
                PUMMEL Stats | TUMBLR | BLOG | Figure Drawing Blog
                SLAM | Light Heavyweight
                (2014) Wins:05 | Losses:03 | Knockouts:05

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great work, but the girl's expression totally deflates the image.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Starting to think the expression might be a problem!

                    This any better?
                    Art Blog |
                    alfredtrujillo.com |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Honestly, no. I think you should keep both of her eyes the same size.
                      Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The creature is fantastic, but the Riding Hood's body language and expression sort of take away from the intensity and danger. She looks kind of lifeless, and she does seem to be very panicked, considering her predicament. If her mouth and mouth were opening wider in the reaction with her eyebrows arching more, and her left hand were in a position where it seemed like she was trying to shield herself, this would be a much more dramatic and convincing illustration.

                        The Wolf is fantastic though, and I like the woodland details. Just be careful to not overdo that sort of thing. Inking digitally has some great advantages, I'm sure, but many digital inkers have a tendency to add too much detail into small areas. Be careful, Alfred.

                        Hope this is helpful.
                        http://www.lostonwallace.com
                        http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com


                        I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:
                        http://www.lostonwallace.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slam View Post
                          capow! absolutely amazing alf!You were born to do this stuff
                          Great work, but the girl's expression totally deflates the image.



                          ____________________
                          watch movies online

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            looks good except I think she looks a bit flat for the perspective your trying for.. or maybe im wrong i have had a head injury lately
                            -Jolene-

                            .Keep. it .Simple. Stupid.

                            Deviant+Pj Artblog+Blog

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X