Women of Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women of Marvel

Like always, critiques and comments please ..

C H O P P I C

Visit my website and my blog

It's a nice image, but there are a few places I would make suggestions to improve it. Your light source appears to change. It's the most noticed on Spider Woman's cleavage compared to the other characters around her - she's lit from top right, and the others are lit from top left.

The other thing with the lighting is that it's such a massive lighting difference within each character's pose. It's almost as though there was a spotlight on certain areas. Being such a large group shot, the lighting source would have to be much further back, in my opinion so there would not be such a jarring white light on every character.

Take a look at some group shots, family photos (try to avoid the Maxim, FHM mags because that lighting is so specific), and study from life if you can. You'll get to understand the lighting better. Playing with light and shadow is such a tricky subject and it takes a long time to truly understand it. I'm always working on it myself!

Comment

in addition to the comments by manyfacesart i would say to vary the faces more. each of their faces and expressions are so similar to each other that it looks like the faces were copied and pasted. or that they are all identical sisters. even just small things like, shape or width of nose, or shape of the head, can make big differences. right now, they all have very thin noses and thin pointy faces.
      Doodle Blog

Comment

agree with Skothu, some of the girls look exactly the same just in different costume. But even if you tweaked the faces they still might seem the same because to me the characters personalities are vacant as well. They are all posing for the camera like they are all runway models, and while that is the exercise I'm sure you are trying to go for they still are characters with personalities and I think if you managed to get those personalities to come out it would make for a fantastic pinup.
        "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing" ~ B.F.

My Blog

My DeviantArt

Comment

As said before, vary the look of ladies a bit more, but I must say that I do think the colors are very well done. A lot of work went into this!
          Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
          Twitter

Comment

Take a look at some group shots, family photos (try to avoid the Maxim, FHM mags because that lighting is so specific), and study from life if you can. You'll get to understand the lighting better. Playing with light and shadow is such a tricky subject and it takes a long time to truly understand it. I'm always working on it myself!
            I will definitely do this, also need to search on how light falls on certain type of fabric. Thanks!

...each of their faces and expressions are so similar to each other that it looks like the faces were copied and pasted...
            ...because to me the characters personalities are vacant as well...
            ...vary the look of ladies a bit more...
            Noted. I'll try to draw more variety of facial features and add more 'characters' on the faces, not just plain pretty faces

This place is really a nice training ground. Glad to have you guys around!
            Until my next post..
            C H O P P I C

Visit my website and my blog

Comment

they all have the same face ;p jajajaj
              http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Ua1lFVWc&hl=en

my record- W-2-L-9

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X