First 3 cards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 3 cards...

Did these over the weekend. For my first 3 cards, I'm... fairly happy with 'em.

Thanks for taking a look.

[IMG][URL=http://img641.imageshack.us/i/first3.jpg/]
    Who? Me?

Creator of Broken, Terran Sandz, and Dead. Check 'em out.

Nice use of color... I especially like the lighting in the Storm card. Are you using Prismacolor markers? I'm trying to get started with them and need some advice on creating a good set of 15-20 markers.

Comment

Thanks. I'm actually using a $7 set of 50 Crayola Supertips Washable markers from Walmart. I experiment on the back of the card to chose the proper colors, and then layer tham like watercolors. I used markers extensively as a kid, but it's been a long time since than, so I was a little rusty. I see no need to spend a ton of money on markers, especially since I'm mainly looking for numerous colors.
      Who? Me?

Comment

Nice cards, cs3ink! I think I like the Spider-girl one best of all. I like your idea about using the cheap markers, but am not sure how long the colors will remain "lightfast". In the long-run they might fade somewhat, especially if exposed to sunlight. Nice job!
        HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

Thanks SCM. Your lightfast concerns are warranted, no doubt, but my thinking is that cards are generally kept in books or on shelves away from the sun. Were these pinups, which could conceivably be displayed on a wall, with constant light exposure, the inexpensive markers would have to be a no-no.
          Who? Me?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X