Iron Fist Commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Fist Commission

Yea, another Iron Fist post... Here's a recent commission I just finished.

Pages, Updates, and Sketches on My Blog

Follow me on Twitter

You know I love it! Great job.
    My Blog

My Comic

Comment

very cool. I like the blocking of the shadows. Reminds me of Mike Mingola's stuff. Though yours has a more realistic slant.

Love it.

Is he at the temple he was trained at?

Also you said this piece was "commisioned", i see the word used on a lot of posts. What does it mean? As in someone on the this site paid you do this? OR are you working for Marvel?

I'm new here, so I don't understand all the vocab yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabianran View Post
        You know I love it! Great job.
        Haha Thanks Fabian!

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by darqjakob View Post
          very cool. I like the blocking of the shadows. Reminds me of Mike Mingola's stuff. Though yours has a more realistic slant.

Love it.

Is he at the temple he was trained at?

Also you said this piece was "commisioned", i see the word used on a lot of posts. What does it mean? As in someone on the this site paid you do this? OR are you working for Marvel?

I'm new here, so I don't understand all the vocab yet.

Thanks Jakob! That is indeed where Iron Fist trained, The city of K'un Lun. I am really a huge fan of artists that can use shadow work to really play up and emphasis the main parts of an image. Mignola being one them. JP Leon and Mr. Iron Fist David Aja as well.

I say this was a commission since it was a B-Day present for someone I know. Character request was theirs. Mostly commissioned means someone paid you for it, but generally isn't published.

Hope that helps!
          Vic

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

it does indeed help. I'm not sure i know those other artists, but I'm gunna google them.

Comment

Make sure to google them. They're both amazing artists.

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

i did. Great stuff. I can fer sure see the vibe simalarities between you and JP Leon.

My opinion, I just looked through your deviant art stuff, is that for your style, you are very close to being "there" I can't see any reason you shouldn't being doing this for a job. I really think your good enough to do interiors for a comic book. Now maybe the stuff on your page is only the exceptions to the rule and you struggle more then it looks, but I think for stuff of a similar style you are as good in most ways as those other guys. Just an affirmation if you wanted to know. I doesn't seem like your stuff is getting as much attention on here as it deserves, because its not as flashy as some.

Comment

Originally posted by darqjakob View Post
                  i did. Great stuff. I can fer sure see the vibe simalarities between you and JP Leon.

My opinion, I just looked through your deviant art stuff, is that for your style, you are very close to being "there" I can't see any reason you shouldn't being doing this for a job. I really think your good enough to do interiors for a comic book. Now maybe the stuff on your page is only the exceptions to the rule and you struggle more then it looks, but I think for stuff of a similar style you are as good in most ways as those other guys. Just an affirmation if you wanted to know. I doesn't seem like your stuff is getting as much attention on here as it deserves, because its not as flashy as some.
                  Thanks Jakob! I don't actually post work here with any frequency. That's something I'm trying to improve actually. On the point of work, I'm just in the process of signing a contract for a 6 issue commitment with a writer, so everything is picking up right now!

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Congrats on getting that money, yoz!

Critiques on a commission piece is a feux-pas, so I'll just continue with my envious droolage over your awesome use of blacks and whites.

Marvel's Bruce Lee ftw.
                    FB░DA▒I'm Not A Witch.
                    Originally posted by alexcat321
                    Dude..... What? is probably the most interesting "out of the box" person on these forums. Cool Thread.

Comment

Cool. Simple but effective. Nice job.
                      "I don't know how to put this, but... I'm kind of a bid deal..."

Comment

Originally posted by What? View Post
                        Congrats on getting that money, yoz!

Critiques on a commission piece is a feux-pas, so I'll just continue with my envious droolage over your awesome use of blacks and whites.

Marvel's Bruce Lee ftw.
                        haha Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ArtAnimal View Post
                          Cool. Simple but effective. Nice job.
                          Thanks ArtAnimal!

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

well i hope you post some of your pages from the six-issue contract, fun to see

Comment

Like it a lot!

I dig your style, it reminds me artist like JP Leon as you said, but also Mazzuchelli and Lark (more tha Mignola...he has a different lines and sign approach).

I'm happy to hear your near to sign a contract!
                              Simone Guglielmini
                              http://www.simoneguglielmini.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X