Batman pinup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman pinup!

A recent batman pinup done in HB & 2B pencils on A4 sized bristol board.
    Comments/ crits would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

WH

Last edited by Web-Head; 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM.
    wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
    Commissions

the top of his head is too large. from that angle we would not see that much of his forehead. nice details.
    "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

Comment

Thanks golgotha, good crit
      wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
      Commissions

Comment

Image Updated on first post following crit......

Any further crists would be appreciated!!

WH
        wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
        Commissions

Comment

I like the drawing a lot especially the shading. The only crit I might have is that it looks a little stiff, he seems very rigged to be swinging through the city.

Comment

Agree with the crits above. Also, his right arm is too short and in order for the right arm to be where it is, he must not have a shoulder. That's your biggest problem here, I think. This definitely has potential, though.
            Check out my webcomic Small Change!

Comment

Ok I am gonna go out on limb here and hope I can make this sound right. You have the reverse usual problem most artists have. (GOOD THING Actually), You have some top notch finishes, and your anatomy very very few minor flaws. Some that can be adjusted merely by adjusting the lighting in your shading, i.e. Its not drawn wrong so much in as its lit weird so it melds in places that sometime look unnatural, if that makes sense. The one and only thing I would suggest you do, that would snap your stuff from very solid to dazzling is, Gesture Drawing first. You probably have already heard of this before, but if not let me be repetitive. Getting a loose swirly motion base to start from, helps your figures fall a bit more loosely and dynamic, because the only problem I see in your work at all is, that a lot of the figures seem a bit stiff, as if hit or braced for something. If you loosen them a bit, I think some of these great designs you have will pop out a bit better. Thats just a thought in my head about this pic particularly.
              ‎"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -Albert Einstein

http://www.wix.com/ray_gun_monkey_art/criticalmassart

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X