Thats Magik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats Magik

Full colour commission of the character, Magik from New Mutants. HB mechanical pencils on A4 sized Bristol Board, coloured in Photoshop CS3 (no inks).

Crits & comments would be appreciated!

Thanks

WH

wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
    Commissions

Nice work. Really well done on the colors.
    FB | DA | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Is that a Kill Bill pose?

The body and teleporting disc look good - but her face needs a bit of attention, IMO. The pencilled version looks ok - but its not working for me in colours. Her eyes look a bit like they're painted onto her face (if that makes sense?) the way you coloured and highlighted her nose suggests that its kinda wide and flat - and that contradicts the cute button nose you've suggested with your line work. Lastly, she has botox sausage lips and I think they should be re-done to look more natural.

The shine / texture effects on outfit are superb.
      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Manji
        thanks, man! glad you like 'em

Beastie
        Great crits, thanks! Nope, the pose was done without any references, althought when i was coloring it it kinda reminded me of a kill bill pose too so maybe a subliminal thing!? Agree on all the crits, particularl;y the eyes which didnt turn out quite as well as id hoped. Glad you dig outfit colours

thanks again guys.... any further crits/ coments would be appreciated!!

WH
        wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
        Commissions

Comment

Very nice work. I agree that the colors are really excellent. My primary crit is with her pose and this is a common mistake it seems. Magick is a righty and she's holding her sword lefty. I don't know if you intended to have her in a lefty pose - the angle of the sword seems like it was meant to be righty. I agree with Beastie as well about the face needing a few tweaks, but overall this is well done.
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

that looks pretty good. i must be out of touch. i thought she was a kid. looks like she has grown up.
            "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
            my crazy music
            my facebook

Comment

First thing I noticed was the face- it doesn't look natural- no real expression or feeling at all- looks like a Barbie doll. The colors are pretty good though...
              "I don't know how to put this, but... I'm kind of a bid deal..."

Comment

Much appreciated, guys, great crits. Will do my best to take these on board for the next commission of this kind

WH
                wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
                Commissions

Comment

I like the pencils a lot, no real problems here very nicely done.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X