Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because I'm the Goddamn Batman thats why!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I'm the Goddamn Batman thats why!

So here's a drawing I did of the dark Knight a couple of months back...finished pencils so I'm pretty sure this is where it belongs, still not sure if I want to ink the original so it can be colored... and I have a crappy scanner had to scan in halves looks like its time to move up to an a3 sized scanner... hope all enjoy.
    Last edited by ThrashArt; 07-01-2008, 10:49 AM.
    I couldn't think of a cool Sig...
    Now Available for commissions!!!
    Deviant Art: Http://Thrashart.deviantart.com

OH and P.s. i need a little help with the leg muscles and shading technique any body have any crits?

Comment

Are those Killer Croc's family jewels?
      http://nickbachman.blogspot.com

Comment

haha yes... yes they are

Comment

Heads too small. Biceps are too big. Hands are too big. Calves are too small.
          PUMMEL: 1 Win | 0 Losses | 1 KO

Comment

you have a nice style to your art here
            Originally posted by By some Guy
            \/

Comment

head to little hands to big.

Comment

Your strong suit is definitely your line work. Nice line variance.

Some critiques for you to go along with the proportions that have already been mentioned...

The cape on the right side of the illustration looks like there is someone off camera pulling on it. Should be more flowing.

The pose itself looks very stiff. Would be better to start with a more interesting and natural pose. This one looks a little bit like a bodybuilder in a pose off (trying to make every muscle flex while posing). Also not a good idea to crop off his feet, it just ads to the stiffness of the pose.

Reference the buildings. It's Batman, so that buildings should be very gothic.

The moon is probably overkill in terms of size. I'm all for using it as a design element in an illustration but you have to temper that somewhat with reality.
                See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                DeviantArt

Comment

my main gripe with this is the way the legs are positioned makes him look like he's been cemented to the floor in a bucket. The cape looks very flat also. Try to imagine wind direction and weight of the cape and how it will fall around the figure.

You have maybe over-stylized with the hands. I can see you are going for a more expressive style but you don't want to go too far with some of the proportions. See if you can take some local figure drawing classes. You have style and good line work in abundance - if you can add a stronger understanding of the human figure you can be a great artist. I'd like to say I'm in the same boat but my line work isn't anywhere near as good. I'm doing local figure drawing classes -you should definitely look into it. Also see if there is a Dr Sketchy's near you.

Comment

yeah, yeah , yeah... figure drawing class yes... listen to comments about hands and head size when you clearly have considerable skill, no.. MANY famous artists exaggerate head and hand and feet size.. I would question the ability to see his veins thru his suit and his face looks like he just stepped in something gross, more than crit your "style" of heads and hands... if everyone drew perfect proportions, art would be BORING.. his legs are just too pressed together, and the part of his cape ( on right) that slices straight out.. is too severe.. it should flow like the other side.. it looks like you did it to avoid drawing more BG. Also nice lines... and you ALREADY have a shading technique... hatchlines.. you just need to work them more.

over all a tasty pic.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbachman View Post
                      Are those Killer Croc's family jewels?
                      LOL good one

Comment

Other then his head being small I think this looks really good .

Comment

Thanks all for the Crits, And thanks to those who can see the can see that the arm/hands size was a stylistic choice... not a lack of knowing how to properly proportion anatomy. I guess the head is a lil small? or is it that the shoulders are too broad? I'm not sure but I'll go with what you all are saying and keep it in mind for the next drawing. Good eye Embryo you can see beyond the art and into the artist, i did get lazy on the cape/bg. Thanks for the environmental/bg crits also everyone, i find i often put too much into the character and i lack on that. i will work on these things. I'm in the process of making a submission for Image and i am definitely going to have to work on bgs!!!

Comment

I do realise that the proportions are a choice but I think you need to be aware of over doing it. The right hand is definitely over cooked for me. The rest works to create a very freaky Batman that could could probably rip a phone book in half like it was a tissue and I dig it!

I know that you could teach me a TON more than I can teach you.

Good luck with the Image submission!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X