X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl

Fire away.

-Michael

Not bad at all-- really, I'd have liked to have seen a back leg and/or back arm to increase the depth of the piece-- VERY rarely can you, for instance, take a photo without one or the other showing. It's just good form. I'm also not loving her face-- it's coming off almost odd and not-so feminine.

Keep at it!

- jeremy
    Jeremy Dale
    Illustrator

Comment

Winding up to give someone the mightiest of bitch slaps.lol

As a crit. I might suggest putting that hand sideways. Although technically aerodynamics don't apply to super heroes the viewer subconciously applies them so if you have the hand in an air scooping type position like that it feels wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy dale View Post
        Not bad at all-- really, I'd have liked to have seen a back leg and/or back arm to increase the depth of the piece-- VERY rarely can you, for instance, take a photo without one or the other showing. It's just good form. I'm also not loving her face-- it's coming off almost odd and not-so feminine.

Keep at it!

- jeremy
        Any suggestions as to how to make the face more feminine? For instance, what makes it not so?

I really enjoyed "Love Will Tear You Apart" in Popgun, by the way.

Comment

I think if you softened the brow, nose, and jawline, it would help her look more feminine (lighter, a little more curvy, etc).

Also, eyelashes always help with femininity.
          Nugget #296

I wish birds didn't have legs so they'd constantly have spectacular crash landings all day long.

http://ryanamandaanna.deviantart.com/

Comment

Also with girl faces the less detail the better. You could probably do a way with the detailed nostril and have more of a suggested nostril.

Comment

I agree with the comments regarding her face. But the thing that really kinda jumped out at me is that her arm position seems extremely uncomfortable. Seems to be pulled back a bit much.
              See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
              DeviantArt

Comment

her face looks good but her body looks a little stiff and her feet are behemoth sized
                http://www.krisdiaz.deviantart.com/

pummel heavyweight W-16 L-18 ko-11

Comment

Nice drawing - a great start and room for improvement.

You need to draw a different hairline when drawing the female face. You have given her a male hairline. It needs to be less angular or less Wesley Snipes.

I find drawing women far easier than men. It is a whole different mindset set drawing each of the sexes and you need to bear in mind what works for one doesn't for the other. I wish I knew more about what works for men!

Keep working at it and don't be afraid to be bold with the eraser. If some part of the drawing is just ok then you should work at it and see if you can make it great.

Comment

Originally posted by DNM5555 View Post
                    Nice drawing - a great start and room for improvement.

You need to draw a different hairline when drawing the female face. You have given her a male hairline. It needs to be less angular or less Wesley Snipes.
                    Good tip!!

I find drawing women far easier than men.
                    I'm the exact opposite. I find women far more difficult. I kind of enjoy messing with all the craggy details of the male face... This picture of Supergirl is photoreferenced because I find women really hard to draw.

Keep working at it and don't be afraid to be bold with the eraser. If some part of the drawing is just ok then you should work at it and see if you can make it great.
                    Thank you all for the feedback! There are many, many gaps in my abilities so this kind of feedback helps!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X