Samurai 7 colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai 7 colors

Here are the colors for the Katsushiro/Samurai 7 drawing. Kind of an experiment, not sure if I'd call it a success or not. Crits and comments welcome, I also added another version with some design elements:

Last edited by Adam Masterman; 01-14-2010, 04:28 PM.
    Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

this is sweet.. i like the soft colors.. almost a sepia type photo.
    Damn and i thought i had talent

Comment

I like it, kinda like a sunrise/sunset feel to it.

Comment

I like the colors as well.

Comment

Thanks, guys, glad to hear it. I was going for the limited palate/sepia toned thing, but I belatedly realized that limited palate means more reliance on value. So I ended up making a black and white filter and rendering with it on, looking just at light and darks. Still isn't great, but it helped. I might go back tonight and try to beef it up some more.

Adam
          Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Excellent usage of color! The whole thing is very cohesive and really sets the mood. You might have gone a little overboard on the shiny highlights, since they're slightly distracting IMHO, but overall it's a great piece of work!

Comment

Thanks, Scribble. I actually tinkered it today, and so this is the very slightly improved version (assuming you looked after 3:30). It wasn't a big enough change to warrant a repost, I thought, but it clarified the light situation a little.
              Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X