Inking George Perez Thor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inking George Perez Thor

Been a long time, folks. Hope you're all doing well.

This is a piece that came to me for commission for a colorist. Original pencils by George Perez.

On an Extended Sabbatical.

wow, that is a lot of lines to draw.
    "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

Comment

Wow! That's a lot of detail to be inking! That would drive me crazy... O_o Nice!
      Middleweight - My Stats

Comment

I know it's Perez, but I would have preferred to see some liberties taken with the starfield here and there. As is, it just sort of looks like it's raining ping-pong balls. Get the toothbrush and white ink out. Go crazy.

The foreground elements, the rock formations and everyone on them, could use a heavier holding line to pop them away from the structures below them. The lack of variance in lineweight on that middle plane really works though. You also don't really need the halo on Odin's left hand.

Comment

now that i look at it. it looks like earth has several moons
          "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
          my crazy music
          my facebook

Comment

The toothbrush technique would work wonders on this, also you need to vary the line weights a little bit more so you can distinguish the foreground, middle ground, and background a bit clearer. Solid job!
            Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Originally posted by PureSilhouette View Post
              That would drive me crazy... O_o Nice!
              I think this piece pushed me over the edge...

Originally posted by F!NCH View Post
              I know it's Perez, but I would have preferred to see some liberties taken with the starfield here and there. As is, it just sort of looks like it's raining ping-pong balls. Get the toothbrush and white ink out. Go crazy.

The foreground elements, the rock formations and everyone on them, could use a heavier holding line to pop them away from the structures below them. The lack of variance in lineweight on that middle plane really works though. You also don't really need the halo on Odin's left hand.
              Originally posted by slyaguilar View Post
              The toothbrush technique would work wonders on this, also you need to vary the line weights a little bit more so you can distinguish the foreground, middle ground, and background a bit clearer. Solid job!
              Both very valid critiques. It's funny, but right after posting it I was looking at the lineweights and thinking the same thing.

I need to find a good spatter brush for Photoshop. I haven't found one that I like, but I haven't really looked for one. Maybe I'll black out the sky and import it into Manga Studio to use their spatter brush thing.

Comment

Not A Smudge Very Nice. Id Pass Your Inking.keep Up The Clean Stuff.

Comment

i like the inking, like the penciling but the characters can't be seen very well

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin J.M Redden View Post
                    Not A Smudge Very Nice. Id Pass Your Inking.keep Up The Clean Stuff.
                    Thanks for the kind words.
                    It's done in Illustrator and Photoshop, so smudging isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BulTurp View Post
                      i like the inking, like the penciling but the characters can't be seen very well
                      Thanks. I'm going to thicken the outline on the figures and the ground elements, and can the halo around Odin's hand.

Comment

Got a chance to touch this up per suggestions.

So I've come to the conclusion that there was two ways to fix this, and I did the second one. The first would be to re-ink this with the proper line-weights, re-doing the entire thing. The second is to try to augment the outlines of the different areas. The second lacks any and all characteristic of the original thick and thin line-weights that I wanted, and comes off as some sort of retarded Adam Hughes coloring book.

The correct answer to all this would be to pick the correct line-weights in the first place, something I'll pay much more attention to the next time.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X