A Stooge till the End. 3 Stooges tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Stooge till the End. 3 Stooges tribute

Wanted something cool but also reflecting the love of the Stooges. Not 'The Stooges" the notorious founders of punk from Detroit headed by Iggy Pop, but the comedic sensation that made sadistic violence funny. The world is a much better place because of them. So for those loyal fans this is for you..A Stooge Till The End.

****Edited post****
    Here is the final versions of the Stooges illustration. I gave the banner a dark brown line work to it so the skulls have a bit more pop from the banner and not blend in with it some much. Its a 5 color illustration intended to see print on a tshirt. However I added in a nice textured background I created just for presentation purposes so the image can stand out more than it was with just a white background. Then I redid the colors in a more painterly style with a few of custom brushes I have for Photoshop. I wanted to give the illustration a bit more depth with some shading and lighting without having to worry if too many colors were being used.

Last edited by razz007; 11-15-2009, 08:37 PM.
    www.razcitystudios.com
    Buy your Raz Aggressive apparel and paraphernalia here.

Where is Shep?....
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

Also forgot to mention you can look at teh progress for this here at my flickr page From sketches to final.

It has been a long while since I've done anything superhero-ey. Might have to get back into that mode but when your trying to market and sell art, proprietary characters aren't very sellable unless I want to get sued, so I've been doing a lot of non superhero stuff which I feel is kinda out of place here. So haven't posted as much.

Also the lettering is all me. No downloaded font, all hand lettered. really happy with how the type turned out.
      Last edited by razz007; 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM.
      www.razcitystudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
        Where is Shep?....
        shep and curly were never together, besides I used this image as a guide which has no Shep. Though Curly seems to be a more memorable character than Shep.
        Last edited by razz007; 11-04-2009, 10:45 PM.
        www.razcitystudios.com

Comment

Awesome job man, would make a great tattoo.
          See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
          DeviantArt

Comment

screw Shemp... Curly ftw looks awesome, definitly a tat to get for any real Stooges fan...

Comment

This is absolutely fantastic.

I love the design.
              Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Awesome idea and execution. Really loving your inking and your design.
                Funny thing is I've been drawing the Stooges a lot lately for some project heh.
                http://jel.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by razz007 View Post
                  shep and curly were never together, besides I used this image as a guide which has no Shep. Though Curly seems to be a more memorable character than Shep.
                  heheh.. now I may be mistaken..But I think Shep was Moe's Brother..( I use to be a pretty big fan of the stooges..though your right that Curl seemed to be the one that became most popular.
                  And yeah they were kept separate...some how the 4 stooges just don't ring as well...But there is the Marx Brothers
                  Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

Shemp, Curley and Moe were all brothers. Shemp replaced Curley after he had a stroke, IIRC.

This is freakin' awesome. If I were the type to get a tattoo, this one would be high on my list. Great, great work.
                    Downer IllustrationTumblrTwitterDeviantArtDracula The Unconquered

Comment

Originally posted by sdowner View Post
                      Shemp, Curley and Moe were all brothers. Shemp replaced Curley after he had a stroke, IIRC.

This is freakin' awesome. If I were the type to get a tattoo, this one would be high on my list. Great, great work.
                      true...Curly was the youngest...Died at 48 Jerome Lester Howard.Shemp passed in 55..the roll of Curly went to Joe Bosser.then to Curly Joe Derita....and Larry..well he was Larry Fine or Fienberg The Greatest slapstick still today!
                      Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

Amazing inks. Very nice line quality. I love it!

Comment

shep sucked as a stooge. no one remembers him over curly. I love this pic but man it is kinda creepy.
                          www.kevinsteward.blogspot.com
                          You can't succeed unless you fail-pigeonmilk
                          https://www.instagram.com/pigeonmilk70/
                          https://twitter.com/StewDaSix2
                          https://twitter.com/ApolloNovel

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for the new wallpaper.
                            Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Would make a better shirt than tattoo. You know? less permanent.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X