Storm and Emma Frost Colored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm and Emma Frost Colored

Hey peeps, had some free time on my hands while waiting for some new pages, so I decided to colour up a high res pic I had from Carlos Gomez http://nemafronspain.deviantart.com/. Here's the result, hope you dig:

Those are some nice colors. One crit: the colors overlapping the linework is really distracting; it washes them out, as oppossed to a hold, which can be effective. One thing I do when coloring pencils is (assuming you are using photoshop), turn off the visibility on all layers except the pencils, then go to channels and copy the blue layer. Invert it, then select the RGB channel again. Now the pencils are saved as a selection. You can go to your color layer (or layers), load the pencils selection, and hit clear (or press delete). Its an easy way to clean up the work, and it looks good because it only erases to the degree that the line is dark. Anyway, hope that helps.

Adam
    Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Adam, thanx for the kind words, I'd never heard of the technique you mention, I have to try it out Thanx so much, really appreciate the help! I guess with Emma's colors, the technique I used faded the lineart too much.

Comment

All that I can say is:

Well done!
        Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
        Twitter

Comment

Thanx Eric Appreciate it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X