New Post(er) and Newish "Art"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Post(er) and Newish "Art"

First time poster here. I've posted work on other boards and have had absolutely no feedback, comments or criticism from anyone so I've decided my stuff here. There's a lot of awesome work in this forum and I really want to be able to grow from any help and tips you guys/gals have to offer. Thanks, and lets get the awfulness of mine out of the way.

Last edited by WornOutHoodie; 10-23-2009, 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
    PUMMEL Stats: W-9 L-14 KO-6
    DA: www.wornout-hoodie.deviantart.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/sean_hook
    Blog: www.seanhook.blogspot.com

Comment

POWER PACK!!! I LOVED THAT COMIC!! I like your art but you have to practice a lot more and start analyzing real life and even other professional artists examples. Keep on practicing
      My deviant art!!
      My sketch blog!!
      Pummel stats

Comment

Welcome to my dungeon, I love beating up on new people.
        Now then, since you threw a bunch of pictures at me all at the same time I'm just going to critique the first.
        I take it it's a "9" homage. I'm not all that familiar with the movie, but I'm fairly certain they are tiny doll creatures and therefore there is a size disparity between the doll and the tree. In English, he's either too big, or the tree's too small, or you didn't create enough depth perception between the two. Also the background is meant to represent bleakness as I understand the concept behind the story, yet your background doesn't look like much of anything. It needs more detail, using just large swathes of negative light and negative dark space doesn't do the picture justice.

Comment

Thanks to both alexcat321 and Wo-Nellie! This is exactly what I've been looking for from other boards and I appreciate your comments and pointers. I will definitely take them with me further.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X