The Smashing Sentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Smashing Sentry!

Started roughing out a few pages and shapes for portfolio ideas and they just developed into The Sentry . I dont mind the guy as much as everyone else.

I decided to put my recently watched jason chan tutorials to test on PS and I actually like the colour version more ( shock horror!)

Anyway I dont think this is strong enough for my portfolio - Enjoy anyway ! :laugh:

B
    www.hollidayart.com

GET IN TOUCH FOR COMMISSIONS!

love the style, nice energy to it. also, liking both the b/w and colors

Comment

Its a nice, fun drawing with elements of great character. Like you said; I'm not sure you should necessarily cement it into a portfolio (just for a few issues with that right arm sticking out awkwardly from his side--it should probably be a little less visible behind his torso. Also, the left fist is a little funky at the pointer). I'm sure you're aware of all this as you probably weren't going for a hyper-realistic, super-anatomically correct Sentry, but just an energetic, loose sketch. So in that spirit--you are a complete success with a great drawing!

I love the loose lines and the colors too! Are you coloring the cape as well?
      Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
      Twitter

Comment

obr1en: thanks man!

Eric Henson: Yeah that arm was fail on a massive scale - I was sat at my desk and couldnt be bothered to look in the mirror for reference so BOO me Not sure about colouring the cape, when I did it looked a bit heavy. I'll update the thread with it though

B
        www.hollidayart.com

GET IN TOUCH FOR COMMISSIONS!

Comment

The rim highlights are working well so far.
          My Deviant Art Page
          My Pummel Matches
          P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X