Fig Newtons taste better in the rain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig Newtons taste better in the rain.

I am a newbie to this forum and I thought that I would share some of my most recent work. I am a freelance graphic designer and self proclaimed retro-junkie. I'm shamlessly addicted to everything from vintage horror movie posters to cheesy 80 horror flicks (Night of the Demons anyone?) and food is no exception. So it was much to my enjoyment that I recently discovered General Mills is still producing three of its Monster Cereals: Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry (albiet in small quantities). So I decided, for fun, to give each character my own special touch (although not in the "bad place"), so here are the first two:

Also, I came up with a sinister spin of Peyo's creation entitled The Snurfs: Dead by Dawn. That evil wizard, Mel Gargle, has finally done it! After years of research Gargle managed to create a retro-virus that turns any living being into an insatiable engine of hunger. Unleashing his diabolical virus on the Snurf village he watched gleefully as they tore one another to blue, bloody shreds and then gleefully proceeded to harvest their shroom homes for his "secret garden."

All comments, critique and protests of public outrage is encouraged.

These are awesome! LOVE the FrankenBerry!

Whatever happened to Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy?

Comment

Interesting Snurf stomach protrusions
      http://thedaisycutter.deviantart.com/

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah poor Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy always get the cold shoulder, but they'll be included in the second set that I'm working on.

And no, those aren't tick tacks protuding from the Snurfs belly... they're bulbous pods of happy nectar.

Comment

Love the illustration style used here. I really like the zombie smurfs.
          DeviantArt gallery

3!LL

Comment

these are awesome! I'm getting more into the retro styling myself. The Frankenberry is really cool, but maybe not as kid-friendly as BooBerry. And you're missing Count Chocula.
            www.myspace.com/b_askew

Comment

is Franken Berry giving us the finger?

Comment

no..um (looks around nervously)...he's uh... scratching that thunderbolt, yeah (that sounds convincing).

Comment

Interesting style. I like the simplicity of it all.

Welcome to the boards "newbie"...who registered three years ago. Glad you finally got around to posting some work.
                  Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X