Rogue and Vampirella!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue and Vampirella!

This is a Rogue sketch I did at a recent con for a friend, and a Vampy pen sketch I did for TenTon. Cheers!

Looks very cool, but I loose some form and details in the shading. I would suggest some cleaner lines to help clarify the forms. But overall a nice stylization.

-Tigs
    "Comics come from the part of us that never grows up."

Comment

Nice sketches, Joh. I like the Rogue one best, as it has a lot more energy to it!
      HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

I definitely like the vampy one better. The lower portion of the Rogue pic is a littly crazy/messy, whereas the loose style works for the dark gritty vampire illustration. I have to ask though, whats with the c or o shape sitting on just one cheek of each chick. I'm thinking its just cheek definition. I wouldn't have mentioned it but seeing how it appears on both chicks leads me to believe its one of the those habits picked up from emulating an accomplished artist whose style happens to work well with it. With what little of your style I have seen, I would suggest letting shadows define that line. Good stuff though!!!

Comment

I like the line-work and energy of these pieces, but the characters aren't very recognizable. I wouldn't have known that was Rogue if you hadn't told us.

Comment

That's a very cool Vampy.
            SB!FBTrMABP: 10W-11L-7K.O

Comment

Nearly the same pose but different backgrounds.Gives each picture an individuality. Good work.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, gang. My work tends to have people take a stance to or against, depending. Can't hit everyone out of the park! I'm really focused on method over finish, trying different means of attacking a piece. And often I get a sugar rush from drawing "cold", or winging it in ink. It's my storyboarding process and it makes for some interesting surprises and some hard misses, but I find it as liberating as jamming musically in a band. No net, and all. This was clearly the case on these two: one completed at a con and the other while watching Supernatural. Major suckage can occur as a result as you're all obviously aware! Ha! Cheers.

Comment

I really like the loose lines and the flow of the Rogue sketch! Keep up the great work!
                  Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
                  Twitter

Comment

i absolutely love the energy of both of these. great work.

Comment

Thanks, guys for your enthusiasm. Gotta keep pushing!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X