Ms Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Marvel

Just a little Ms Marvel thing I did. Figured I'd post it since it's been a while.

nice! I like the stylistic approach her left foot is bit wierd, and I'd like to see you put as much attention into the buildings a you did her, but very cool none-the-less.
    DeviantArt | Sketch Blog | Portfolio
    PUMMEL stats: 5 wins | 1 loss | 3 KOs

Comment

Originally posted by Axel View Post
      nice! I like the stylistic approach her left foot is bit wierd, and I'd like to see you put as much attention into the buildings a you did her, but very cool none-the-less.
      thanks. i put a lot of attention into the buildings actually. i've just recently started making a real attempt at drawing backgrounds, especially cities. never really done it much before.

Comment

Hey , Gadge .. very strong composition and I love her stance. The pencils are tight and your shading is well thought out .
        I think this is my favorite piece Ive seen by you. Excellent work man
        No great man ever complains of want of opportunities. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

I would say that the buildings need to be in a proper two point perspective, as they are detracting from your wonderfully rendered form. I would also make her feet more feminine, they look like the girl is sporting battle ships

-Tigs
          "Comics come from the part of us that never grows up."

Comment

I can see the Wieringo influence. good pic.

Comment

Cool one but shouldn't you ink it?
              Evil Shall be Punished!!!!-Rorschach

Comment

I'd say a humberto ramos influence more to do with the feet style.

Her hands in comparison to her head are too big.
                Last edited by nightfingers; 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM.
                ‘There is a slower death/ bu-reau-crat/…….ruination/ mess up all that ambition and plannin’/ whisper in some ear/ -“You can’t do nothing to me”-/……-CLICK- ……/----whisper………in the right ear’----
                ---Avery Brooks---- A Man, Called Hawk

Comment

I really like it. No crits. Whatever you're drinking, keep it up!!

Comment

you guys are both right. wieringo and ramos are both influences here. i've always been into the big feet/hands style. thanks for the crits and comments!

Comment

Nice figure drawing! As said before--the buildings are really the only things that lack here. I know you spent some time on them and I definately know how it is to have issues with backgrounds/buildings. Truthfully, it can be a pain. Inorganic lines always gave me issues. However, I found that sometimes I have to spend more time on the background and my linear perspective than on the foreground character(s) (which you obviously did very well on).

Point blank: Nice penciling and good figure (I personally think the feet look just fine the size they are). Stylistically, you are doing very, very well. Just sharpen those technical aspects and before you know it we'll be buying your artwork off of the comic rack!
                      Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
                      Twitter

Comment

Nice. I like your rendering as always. Only thing that stuck out to are that the arms are a smidge large. Her wrist should be about even with her crotch, if she put her arms at her sides they'd be much longer than that.
                        Sketch blog
                        http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68418

webcomic
                        http://www.justanothersheep.com

deviantart
                        http://literacysuks1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X